Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Clive Roffey

Not applicable
I have been watching this oke for the last two months. Besides gold shares and the gold index, does anything else exist in his life. Does his analysis hold up in the world of the techs???
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Not that I am a fan of his, but in his defence, his point is that these are the only two sectors that offer clarity under the prevailing market conditions (both fundamentally and technically); AND maintain a sector-wide consistent long term pattern.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Given this situation - they have attained an acceptable "confidence-level" for investment / trading. In HIS view.
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
If someone keeps saying the same thing over and over for the past decade, he has to be correct at some point...
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Not really. Look at Sappi - It has done nothing but fall. Look at Didata. The list goes on and on. I am not the world's biggest gold fan BUT I have 1oz coins that sI tarted buying for R200, 20 years ago. A very "multi-year" view and a form of insurance. The trend has been up. My point is that Roffey has held his stance on gold for many years - and has been correct throughout. The problem is that this forum is dominated (understandably) by traders and they work with a very different time frame in mind. Where Roffey went wrong was with the gold shares - and he just can't seem to let go.. But who knows, maybe he will make fools of us all, yet.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Am I reading this correctly, 1oz gold coins at R200 20 years ago?, I sold Krands 31 years ago for R800 a piece.Error somewhere, maybe 1/10 oz.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Should read R1200.
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
did anyone catch his review on 12 sept. he says that we are entering a 10-15 year bear market! i watch his show but i think if you cry wolf long enough..........
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Come on guys - facts please. Before the 2008 crash, he was pushing commodity stocks like it was going out of fashion. He was certainly "bullish" at the time. Granted his favourite was still the gold shares but that madness runs deep. As it stands - from a fundamental point of view - where is the growth coming from? Stock pickers will do well no doubt. Fleet-footed traders will make hay. General investors - committed to an index - or the largest issues whose prices that index tracks closely, may find the coming years very unrewarding.
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
On traders corner a bearish flag pattern was identified on the alsi at what level would this pattern be confirmed and have failed.
0 Kudos