Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Clive Roffey

klapka
Super Contributor
I don't normally watch this Gentleman but caught the end of his show and thought he said he as shorting Aspen and going long Anglogold. Was I hearing things?
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Rams
Super Contributor
He always short on equities and long gold.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Surely he cant have any money left to invest?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
He lost his long ago, now losing the money of the idiots that listen to him.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and paying subscribers
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
He has lost the plot man......... everything in his house must be gold because the ascilators are grouped at the bottom!!!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Did he ever provide a satisfactory response regarding the fate of is clients' funds? Or did the investigation just fizzle out...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I feel sorry for those peoole who watch these business channels and take these presenters seriously....they will always make you buy at the top and sell at the the bottom: switch those channels off, tune into Isidingo, music, travel, home channels, fashion TV...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I feel sorry for those people who watch these business channels and take these presenters seriously....they will always make you buy at the top and sell at the the bottom: switch those channels off, tune into Isidingo, music, travel, home channels, fashion TV...
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
@ THRESHOLD - It went to some "committee" which eventually exonerated him. I think it was to do with his buying signals for DRD cfd's which, in hindsight should have been a short signal.
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Yet he uses the very same technical priciples that you use. Why do you run him down so much? jealous?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
As I recall it had to do wit funds that had been lost without proper authority to trade. There was also the matter of record keeping - there apparently weren't any. Then there was the potential issue of the right to take deposits. The list goes on....
0 Kudos
gamma
Contributor
It makes no difference what signals Roffey uses, the same as Rams or anyone else, he clearly doesn't use them well. End of story.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
He clearly has a good understanding of technical analysis. Problem is he looks for signals that confirm his fundamental view. And then he's to proud to admit he was wrong and continues to try and prove himself right and just makes it worse. Classic example of the psychological issue of wanting to be right which does not serve you in trading. Problem is you cant make the market do what you think it should do. Even if you have solid fundamentals to support your view.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
The problem is his charts for Gold always look oversold which they are because they are always going down. Whaaaaaaaaa The Oscillators are grouped at the bottom!!! No man this guy has lost it. I have never once heard him refer to fundamentals. If you are taking advice from this guy be ready for losses.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
The problems with these TV TECHS, is that their systems are not mechanical,,,,,it's a different system based on their bias. So eventually it all comes down to luck....like throwing darts.
0 Kudos
magicactus
Frequent Contributor
Closed at 390 0n the 5th, now trading at 407, either he has a huge stoploss, if he knows what that is or has not run out of sweat yet. Someone poseted sometime back APN is not a stock to short
0 Kudos