Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Clover offer at R10,50 - Good or bad?

Not applicable
Clover prices IPO at middle of range Dec 09 2010 08:51 Reuters Print this article | Email article Johannesburg - Dairy foods maker Clover, which is due to list next week, on Thursday priced its initial public offering in the middle of its range, raising R575m. Clover, whose brands include Tropika juice, plans to list on the JSE on December 14. Clover said it had sold 54.8 million shares at R10.50 each, against its announced range of R9 to R12, and raised R575m in the placement, including an overallotment. Clover has said it planned to raise R500m to repay debt and fund its expansion plans, including its key Cielo Blu project. The Cielo Blu project, estimated to cost R350m over the next four years, involves moving production facilities closer to milk sources in the coastal areas of South Africa. Clover's plans to list come as the market for new listings begins to show signs of life, helped by a recovery in investor risk appetite. Clover began operating in 1898 and milk suppliers hold about 85% of the company while management holds the rest.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Wouldn't take these shares if you gave them to me for free......beware.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
I dont really see any extensive growth prospects for clover, unless someone can tell me otherwise!
0 Kudos