Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Coins ....

ACEP_
Regular Contributor
as a present... Anyone got 2 trade..... HG, shad r thick!
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Where's the shad comming out?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Went to Wild Coast on Friday. People were selling them on the side of the road. Currently looking for a decent entry point for my trade and then thinking of heading off to Toti.
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
Ok, let's try that again. Yip, the Shad are coming out all over and a couple of Garrick as well. The little silver fishies are also around with slicks in the water. The Gannets remain like the Markets, not knowing to fly North or South but it looks promising - I have seen the odd Zambo spinning through the slicks. I will let you know when and where they start washing out. But back to my question, anyone to advise on coins as a present for some Canadians coming out to SA to tie the knot. Is bid or buy an option? Do Mandellas hold more promise than Krugers? Are there any sellers on the forum? Is Silver, Gold or Limiteds the best option? I do not want to pay unnecessary commissions.... any advice in fact. Budget negotiable...
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
If I was looking for coins; Investgold or SA Gold Coin Exchange would be my first option. I won't risk bid or buy or anything of that sort (I'm not experienced in evaluating gold coins.) No Vat is charged on Krugers (Not sure about Mnadelas). The Canadians have their own 1 ounce gold coins called Maple leaf. Not sure if available in SA. Are you with the Coelacanth Programme?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
KR vat exempt .. but other coins attract vat, spread and comms ..
0 Kudos
bullets
Not applicable
prices at sa gold coin :mandela proof R30000 gold kruger proof R13500 kruger coin look at current gold price if you buy it privately you can pay at least R2000 less on the mandela proof
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Buy direct from the mint so as not to get ripped off... www.samint.co.za
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
Thanks Guys that is great. I'll ask my wife to surf the samint site until she is content (ta Tz). How do we get the price for a KR on OST again? I forgot. HG, nope not on Ceolocanth programme, just have 180 degree view of the Ocean. Just was keeping an eye on your Kayak progress... and thought you might take the bait (as it were)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we don't do KR's .. but GLD x 100 = 1 KR ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Just wondering: ACEP = African Coelacanth Ecosystem Program. I'm still stuck at the roofrack issue. Will need to get a roofrack specially made up for my vehicle. Two weeks ago, I rented a kayak at the place near Ushaka (prices seem to have doubled for the world cup). Was paddling a bit, ocean was flat so I got bored. Then I noticed waves breaking on vetchies peir. To cut a long story short, I paddle there - get knocked off the kayak and to my relief find that I can stand up. However, this just happens to be the biggest musselbed in durbs - so "ow". I try getting back on but another wave comes along and knocks me off again and takes the kayak away. So off I go chasing kayak across the reef - "ow' "ow" "ow". Eventually catch it and get back on. I had the sense to hold on to my paddle though. Anyway, still keen on the fishingski but looking for company to learn from.
0 Kudos