Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Comments please

NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
From his post I don't think his intention was to trade with the money. He wanted to earn the interest on having cash in his trading account while not paying interest for borrowing the money. But, as has been pointed out, cash transfers from a CC do attract interest and other charges. If only it were that easy ...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
If you're willing to borrow money to trade, you could just as well be borrowing money to gamble. You need help. You should trade money you're willing to loose, or else stay away from the markets.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
only because the car or house we want is in truth beyond our current means .. we can all afford to pay cash for everything if we just have realistic expectations and save first .. an don't give a toss about the jones ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Good statement... If you apply that in your life, it will hold you in good stead!
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Never ever borrow to trade!!! you will see ur ring, been ther done that, learn from our mistakes!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Read what he says ...earn interest on the money..he is not going to trade it. And since we all have different amounts of credit available to use and this is where possibly one can use it to earn extra cash on a zero based risk money market instrument.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
yea I suppose I dont get the point. transfering will incur additional costs so it will nullify the advantage of the borrowed money(interest free)the MM interest rate is so low. 1st you pay for the card. 2nd transactions are free. so why not use it for what it was intended?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes that is the intent (earn interest), if the intent was to just earn interst why not open a MM account with your bank and transfer it there - no tempation to use it in a trade
Tell me how many of you would not scratch that itch, when an "unbeatable" trade comes to your radar. Extra cash=itchy trade/investment finger.
Like Simon says, "the Jones', sorry Never heard of 'em; why they important to my life?"
Whole point is cash from CC gonna kill you immediately and TINSTAAFL (There is no such thing as a free lunch)- you gonna cough up.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
This was response to HateGauteng's post.
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
Except, in reality most traders trade with borrowed money, unless you are one of the very, very few with no debts whatsoever.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
very good (an scary) point ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
Wizard is correct, the intent is to earn interest, the reason for not opening a MM acc, is purley because i already have one with the trading account. I am an extremly low risk person, in the space of a year i have only made 4 trades (partialy as i am still learning). The way i see it if you do not have the dicpline to stay away from money u said you would not touch, how would u have the dicipline to impliment a trade strategy ? Yes the banks win in the end, howeever if i decrease how much they win from me why not. Having said that based on what ive read in these posts their are 2 technical problems, -no interest free period on the cash transfer -transaction fees And it is for these 2 reasons that i can come to the conclusion that the idea will not work. Thanks for the comments
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Simon did we just give u an idea how to get your extra bottle of wine?? :)
0 Kudos