Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Companies with associated warrants

Beeeater
Not applicable
I am looking for a simple listing of companies with associated warrants, I see many of the larger listed companies do not have associated warrants?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
HEADER TABS:- INSTRUMENTS>WARRANTS>.LIST ALL
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Want to ask you a question Threshold ? If you had to invest R100 mil for 10 years right now, how would you invest it. Say you're in your 60's and immigration is not an option anymore. I have my ideas, but would like some input from someone else a well.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Certainly not an answer one would expect in 5 minutes. An interesting question, I certainly have my views, but let's see the replies of which I'm sure you'll get more than one.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I have been thinking along these lines for a while now... Many of the "boring" asset classes eg. listed property have been classified as such by an investment industry bent on ensuring that you invest in cyclicals so that they can swing between positions and generate fees. In the fullness of time - it is very difficult to outperform a quality listed property portfolio for instance; as it removes sectoral risk and shifts the stress of chasing inflation to its tenants. It also gives a dividend through thick and thin. I am a firm believer in hitching my horse to a "Rolls Royce" of a trailer. REINET - (although it is far away from the R10 I started whooping at)... Rupert owns half of the thing and must look after his money. He is clever and has access to the kind of advice I can't tap! So climb aboard and go along for the ride. Here too - while the analysts lambast his management fee structure - it is ironically similar to or even cheaper than most of those very same asset managers:; on a 1+1 basis vs typically 1+15to2. Makes you wonder... I stay well away from the professional analysts - they have there own agenda. This I will say: nothing changes - the more you have - the bigger your positions and the more you worry. Your personality type will win out! I feel I must invest in inflation tracking assets that have the ability to pass on inflation without becoming turgid and falling victim to it! Many of the stocks we buy... AGL, IMP, KIO... are good for nothing more than trading. There is no certainty that they will even be there 5 years from now. Some years ago I read an article in the Motley Fool in which they could not stress the value of dividends strongly enough. They were right! Not just because the cash income is necessary and constitutes the bulk of most stocks' yield over the years - but because the dividend is in itself the only real indicator that the cash flows are adequate and consistent. BUT most of all - I believe in investing far away from labour and very far away from South Africa.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
please summarise in about 5 lines....
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
That was the summarised version! Precis - it's my forte!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Rams, he's telling you to put your R100 000 000-00 into Reinet.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
so the rumour goes that Rupert is also buying(capturing)states(Sunday Times or the Mercury)
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Bully for him! INVESTEC AUSTRALIA PROPERY FUND - I've been enjoying this thing for a while now and will probably buy more if it ever dips.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Kwagga, my equine cousin, your reply?
0 Kudos