Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Compare Wall Street to JSE

Plonky
Super Contributor
We often hear how the local markets track Wall Street. If you compare the graphs the American markets have not shown much improvement over the past couple of weeks. . . . The JSE on the other hand has shown a strong recovery. Are we living in dangerous times, with a false sense of security.??? . . . Why is the SA market doing so well, when the USA is not showing much change ???
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
All the heavy weights are on or near record highs due to the Rand, and commodity prices..
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
We also sold off more than they did.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
more then the Rand, have a look at a 5 or 10 year chart, we still out preform and during that time we have some serious rand strength.
0 Kudos
jamoo
Frequent Contributor
hey john, does it mean there will be a reversal if the rand weakened? i am in serious crisis right now!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
This is very true.. commodity prices. but the question is why now!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
that responce was for simon.. Jamoo who knows, I would expect a softerning in prices but I don't trade on what I expect. I trade on what happens.
0 Kudos