Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Competition for the day

Quakedog
Super Contributor
I was on R205k on mon Now on 90k
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Sorry Quakedog, that's tough. My low risk share only portfolio is down 6%, medium risk instalment portfolio is down 16% (Thanks IMP), and our high risk wine & champage portfolio is 50% gone thanks to TOPDWN. I've just bought a 5l red called Black Box or something. It must be good cos it's got a big picture of a tuxedo all over it.
0 Kudos
GQ
Occasional Contributor
I have gone long on over 30 stocks since the first correction in feb. Since 24 July, ie. over this correction phase I have lost R35K. Nonetheless, I am still up 7.41% for the 5 months. Downside, I am now fully invested, with whatever's left in the kitty going to the MTN offer (yes, I's black). I thus have no possibility of lowering my average costs on the underlying, just have to close my eyes and wait. I have decided, now that I am fully invested and have committed to go long for 3yrs min, to not watch the market anymore.. until I have more cash, then I'll start paying attention again in order to find points of entry. Lets hope the Bull rears its horns sooner rather than later. So Long. Till Springtime then...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
To CE: Its my warant career as well thats giving me great losses.But somehow you just never learn... To Quakedog: Sorry to hear `bout your losses.I now have 2d place in Friday losses
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
As I said, I'm outa here. Will continue with my equity account at Absa. Lucky to get away with with small loss, but warrants also took up to much of my time. Still 30% up on my shares account. Will miss the chat forum though, had a lot of fun and learnt a lot !!
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
Why are you leaving us CE?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I only trade warrants in my SFM account. Started with a small amount which I gracefully donated to Hanz. As I also mentioned, it takes up to much of my "business" time. BUT, geeeeez, it fells like I am loosing my family !!!!
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
We're gonna miss you and your insightful comments. But hey, I'm sure you'll get lured back as soon as we pass this turbulent period. One can never resist the temptation of a decent warrant punt!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Typo! the only Typo is that you are wanting to leave. Everybody takes losses now and again, go away think about an exit stratergy and come back and play. I will miss your sense of fun mate.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Geez CE, what a bummer. Oops, I said bummer. Now who am I gonna get all my dumb toilet jokes from? Who?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Thanks guys, "if" I make a comeback, that is going to be fun, believe me !! Will see who can "catch me" !!
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Feed them peanuts B babes, see who can make the most noise !!
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
hey CE, sorry to hear about the unfortunate run mate. guess it's time to focus on that cash cow called IT. cant say I had much success on the warrants myself. switched into instalments for the near term, as the market is too darn volatile coupled with the time decay, for my liking (and bank balance). keep strong and maybe see you around here again in the future.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Thanks bro and good luck.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CE, u and I need to talk....
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Sure Chartist...always willing to listen.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
He he, was waiting for something and you did not dissapoint Johny boy !!
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
40% of my capital....75% off the high so far this year...it was a very good year until now! Broke all my rules - traded a tip. Did not trade my system. Piled in too much $$ on one trade. Did not set a stop loss. Then the dreaded margin calls!!!!
0 Kudos