Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Confession time

Brazen
Super Contributor
Bought a HAR warrant yesterday and just sold now. Miniscule profit of 1K which I am going to spend on wine in Calitzdorp tomorrow. Just posting this for all those rude people who diss the gold shares. You know who you are.
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
DST
Super Contributor
What people don't get up to when the dorm prefect is in a sandy tent... ...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip. And buying wine is especially cruel - G is suffering withdrawl in Arabia. This will probably surprise you, but I have been know to have a nasty streak.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Shoulda been DRD! Still a good buy. seems 27c per share earnings for the quarter, should give around 90c for the year giving a low low PE!
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
withdrawl (n) - a slow dialect encountered among people separated from what they miss.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Just can't do the dog no more. Too many bites, too much pain.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BWAHAHAHAHA....B-Baby....too true! My head says to buy but half my behind still reminds me where the other half went to! GRUFF
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so brazen, that R1k covers what percentage of the gfi losses ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL! that is what Harmony is good for.. sweet wine that feels good at the time but leaves a hangover making you promise never to do it again...until the next time that is.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
er, you see, what you must understand, is that GFI is not a loss as such. It's just a potential profit that has been a tad delayed.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
You'll get a fair amount of wine for 1 k in Calitzdorp - I reccomend the Calitzdorp Kelder over Boplaas. Got lots of lovely Cab Sav and Touriga (about R 25 a bottle) - also their tastings are free!
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
You'll get a fair amount of wine for 1 k in Calitzdorp - I reccomend the Calitzdorp Kelder over Boplaas. Got lots of lovely Cab Sav and Touriga (about R 25 a bottle) - also their tastings are free!
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
remember that according to some that are no longer with us u only made a loss when you actually sell.....I had a Rolls Royce once and the bolldy thing kept breaking down...the sales and marketing dept had done their work so well on Rolls that ppl didnt actually break down they merely failed to proceed...for years I just used to say this to myself till I eventually sold the thing...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
'. . failed to proceed'.. . . excellent!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
You been drinking ou Blik? Thanks for the info. DeKrans is also good I seem to remember? Some great Port - v nice with winter coming up.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
B, since it is the confession thread I must confess I grabbed THE Dog by the tail this morning just before my post and I know its early days but from the shaking and swinging of the Mean Mudda fuka I may just be in a position to buy a smallish vinyard in the Calitz region.... Enjoy the wine!!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Holy Moly JC! That barker is flying! Could do worse than a little vineyard in Calitzdorp - it's a lekker little plek. And still good value for money property wise. That's changing though, so sooner rather than later. And, it's never a good idea to hang around with the dog too long anyway.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
True, But seriously have a look at their numbers and let me know what you think! If they go from a very small profit of R10m (i think) to the next quarter's profit of R100m or 27c, if you annualise that and say they get to 80c for the year then they are on a 8 PE! And they still sit on plenty of cash! This ugly duckling may just turn in a swan this time.
There's only onq thing I'd wager and that is if it ever gets to R20 that the Dr. will remark "I told you so!". Want to wager a bottle of red?
0 Kudos