Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Confused

tdej
Occasional Contributor
I thought that this company was granted an ITC loan of R 99 m . I'm totally confused , can anyone explain this ?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
IDC. And it was a "facility" not a direct and immediate loan. There would have been strict conditions attached to advances which were to be made aginst prospective projects over the next 6 years. There is talk of substantial mal-this-and-that in this company. AND o think all those TV analysts were recommending piling wholesale into this rubbish (sorry "dripping roast".) I would love to know if they were selling into any demand they managed to whip up.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Anyway - the IDC. Corruption. Incompetence. Government. Tax and pension money. Who cares?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Who was punting this an when ??
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
There you are. At one stage 3 different pundits. Anthony D. and The Prof. among them. Can't remeber the 3rd.Within the last 6-10 months. Unusual for such a mickymicro*****. I remember discussing this with *** and saying "with so much "push" on this thing I am sure it will implode." Infer from that what you will.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Relax. I didn't say you were punting it, Simon. In fairness, I don't think I have ever heard you punt a really-small-cap let alone a microcap. You know how I feel about the need to disclose the presenters' interests in (and activities in with proximate indicators) shares. It is grossly unfair to investors (novice in particular) otherwise.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya I know it wasn't me, amazed that anybody liked them, they never really had anything, even before the troubles ..
agree on disclosure, but just assume that if they puntng they own, bigger (an more complex) question is when ae they selling ?? I manage it by publihing full list of what I own on my website (and as far as possible if talking about something I own I mention that fact) and I won't sell a stock for 2 weeks after I have mentioned it on air, and if I am thinking of selling I will mention when asked, but of course I deal in smaller less market moving quantities .. and few people(any??) go that far .. in other words very little disclosure as a rule
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
the right move - it is this sort of behaviour that generates respect - well done..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Y, that's what I meant by proximate indicators (sounded cryptic because I was too lazy to type "buying and selling activity proximate to date of recommendation .") And now I had to type it all anyway.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You are not allowed to turn this into a publicity exercise (lol.)
0 Kudos
Som2
Contributor
Well done Simon, that is good behaviour.
0 Kudos