Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Confusion!!

Not applicable
getting loads of mails about this....John seems to have caused panic by stating that futures close out is today... it is on Thursday....always on third Thursday in month during last month of contract...
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Titanium
Contributor
In Std. Bank news it says they doing the closeout today at 14:00.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
A reminder that the Single Stock Futures close / roll over for Online Share Trading clients occurs on Tuesday, 18th December 2007 at 2pm.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John that does not refer to Futures close out ....thats an internal SFM thing...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
ya I thought somthing was not right, oh well. live and learn. Sorry if I caused anyone to panic.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This raises a very very important point...the market throws us woblies every day....this is just the nature if markets and we need to deal with them as and when the happen...this usually means having downside protection (or longside if you are short). The woblies that you can prevent...such as knowing the times of scheduled events/market moving economic announcements etc. It is vital that you plan you trading day around these events.....i.e. not entering positions just before an announcement. If you dont know when the events happen you live in fear that a wobly maay be thrown at any minute....not a great space to be in there are various sites that will provide this data....sfm site is useless ....www.dailyfix.com...i find best as it rates the importance of US as well as Euro zone events....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
you are spot on,
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, jou remember the rule you considered once... no long trades during 2 weeks before futures close... It looks like it would've worked well this time
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes 26000 reached...26003 to be exact
0 Kudos