Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Congrats on New Look for Menu

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The new look menu certainly helps and it works better with opera on my Blackberry. However, that flash banner on top of the page is distracting and gives me a headache when staring at the screen for long periods. I'm also mindfull of my data and bandwidth usage and that banner certainly ups costs even when I'm idle on the site. I monitor my usage and that banner is using about 1kb per second. Being on the site the whole day, this works out to quite a bit especially on an expensive 3G connection. I'm sure you can present the banner information in another way.
0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
kwagga
Super Contributor
Agreed, please make the banner static.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no dude .. the banner will be cached on you HD ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
For some reason, it is not. I monitor my data usage real time and its chowing 1kb/sec.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
The reverse gear format of your 30 last trades is just illogical imo. And Irretating it be.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but the banner is only 1kb, and not refreshing every second .. so doesn't add up ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
koos2 only on some shares and warrants, others correct
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey, thats good news! Well done for the change! The site would struggle on my BB... but it works 100% perfect on my HTC Desire. I'll try both later and send my comments :)
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I always watch the data usage even before the changes were made to site. When idle, the site never used to use data. Now data flows when I'm idle on the site. If it's not the banner, then something is causing it. Please login and check on your MTN data card 3G thingy.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
OK . . . I took more careful count. It's using 1kb every 4 seconds at the moment.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Also when I disconnect from the internet while still logged on; the banner goes into error! So it seems that the banner is refreshing directly from the OST servers rather than my HD. Expensive!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HG - I would like to ask you a question - can you access your ost account from your blackberry. Why i'm asking is i'm subscribed with mtn and received a blackberry curve phone and i would like to watch the data and information / trade from my account on my blackberry but i cant. I'm wondering how could a person do that as when i log in on my blackberry it wont let me into my ost account.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
where must i go in to download this browzer simon. Sorry i'm a bit stupid with these things
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Step 1: From BB browser go to www.opera.com. Step 2: find the cellphone downloads, you'll get a green tab (when I last did this). Step 3: The opera site will scan your phone and give you the recommended download. Step 4: Download and install this file. Step 5: The file gets downloaded and installed in your "Downloads" folder. Then just open opera mini and enter the address (remember the )
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
On my laptop this format chews kilobytes like crazy! Do you want to chase us all away?
0 Kudos