Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Construction Sector Recovery

GAF1984
Occasional Contributor
Do you think there will be a recovery in the construction sector this year, with the increased Government spending on infrastructure?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
IMO - the announcement induce expectations to rise but the actual result will take time to reflect in the figures. The construction industry is a wide concept: infra structure as opposed to buildings... To a certain extent the market responded positively here and there, but seemingly margins are under pressure and this has to pan out first. Several relatively smaller entities are at present in deep trouble because of rising cost and low tender prices and negative liquidity; even some larger (even well known, listed) companies are having cash flow problems. We'll have to wait and see.
0 Kudos
MarkD
Contributor
Just from discussions with people in the industry, the outlook for the coming year doesnt seem to be that fantastic. So I'm on the fence (my usual spot) for now.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Eqstra may make an offer to minorities of PKH soon. IMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
looks likely - big volumes in the last 2 days
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Its a difficult stock to call I,m a technical trader and avoid a stock that trades in this manner BUT group 5 I like You would have needed to buy at around R 24 ish but it looks good
0 Kudos