Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Construction shares

marcher
New Contributor
Hi guys, What's your take on these shares at the moment. Any opinions on Raubex?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
As dicey as any other sector - and a little risky if you move in construction where building is involved. Civil construction has not had the end of its glory, but all good shares are under pressure of the old boar nowadays. IMIO: Raubex =good value at its current level.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
disagree, aveng seems to be bullit proof at the moment (to the downside at least), with healthy order books for the next two years, low PE's, and well poised to capitalize in any big infrastructure projects, like power stations and rail projects - allthough the latter is pure speculation, i don't know if they are involved in rail construction.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
I agree Aveng is solid - their market cap.is some R10bn,and cash resources at present are R6.5bn. !!!!
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
I would add MUR to the list; bought some 2 weeks back.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi, apparently government is increasing their infrastructure spending - so that will go down well with the construction shares like Avang and Sanyati.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Picks and shovels... PPC perhaps???
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Investec has positive reports on Sanyati - I dont know too much about it - but someone with time could look at their numbers. It may be able to tap into Clever Trevors budget speech promise of additional spending on infrastructure / building / development.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
MUR behaving very nicely.
0 Kudos