Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Construction stocks

sponono
Super Contributor
Construction stocks remind how gloomy the retail were in January. Look at them now. Maybe it's time to start looking for technical settings for buying here.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
Construction still need to get the contracts in, at this stage my 'gut feel' looking at the prices points more to the Financial sector
0 Kudos
kokkie
Contributor
Basread up 16.1% for month. Not bad!
0 Kudos
dbm
Frequent Contributor
I have been buying. Its a sector that been out of favour and oversold. It feels like their is a turn coming.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Few sectors have feast or famine like the construction sector.Been in civil and building for almost my whole working career, and have remained close to it,with brothers in the sector,a son-in-law at SSK hq, and a close friend of 40years (chairman of SSK).I can't see much if any improvement in the next six months in construction stock's numbers, and if PPC is anything to go by the bottom has yet to come.Friday is the closing of a big project in a neighbouring state,I know SSK together with two other international companies are very keen bidders, however I'm sure so are the Chinese.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
neighbouring state.....is that Namibia?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
that's the power of a buy divergence. the same technical set-up produced a 60% return for GND in December 2008.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
prancing horse, I tend to agree with you here. (I also saw cement ++ from china in Mozambique recently)
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Where they build BIG dams. namibia too dry.
0 Kudos
kokkie
Contributor
0 Kudos