Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Continued... Alsi Sept Contract

FEK
Super Contributor
Looks like it wants to head lower than 37950.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I look forward to the day when we can trade the fundamentals again.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Will get there and beyond if we stay above 38100.....
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Very resilient market, keeps on heading north.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Resilient is the word. My hour chart has crossed down, US futures down, UK down, Gold dithering. But we stay in positive territory and going up.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Ignore all the noise, trade the chart....we going up,then long....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
But noticed that when markets are not in sync, ends up being a pancake day...when we finally catch up with world markets, usually too late for intraday traders....so now just pancakes, like yesterday, and the week before and the week before the week before ....we need some really bad news , then a resolution to the bad news....right now, good news is no news
0 Kudos
leminus2
Regular Contributor
According to charts there should be a pullback?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
fulcrum
Occasional Contributor
I've never really understood what "trade the price" means. Can someone explain it to me like I'm 5?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
when the chart tells you trend is up, then buy when the price is more than the last traded price. If charts tell you trend is down, then sell when price is lower than last traded price....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Until recently I was of the opinion that you have to do your research (fundamentals), take into account the technical aspects of the charts (in particular hour chart - e.g.overbought/oversold). I realise our market is like a juggernaut, but this price action has me baffled.
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Baffles me as well, we are due for a correction might be tomorrow....
0 Kudos
fulcrum
Occasional Contributor
ah cool thanks, nicely put :-). Seems like a good description of buying/selling the dips/pullbacks.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the only truth in the market is the price .. everything else is theory and meaningless, so trade the price and don't worry about anything else .. i it going up buy, if it going down, sell .. forget where one thinks it should be going
0 Kudos
fulcrum
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
38250...confirmed above 38300 on 15 minute chart.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
my stop now at 38300 and will move it into profit as the market moves...it would be lazier to just leave the stop at breakeven and not move it all...then you would need to go back to the computer only when the stop gets hit or to close position at end of day...then it may not be a "job"...
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Resilient market once again, is trend change below 38300 ?
0 Kudos