Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Correction ahead ?

striker
Super Contributor
..Somethings about this market are telling me there's a Bear lurking in the bushes. Is it just me ?
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I dunno .. are you lurking in the bushes ??
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
a lot of shares have broken thier resistance, as long as the new support prices hold im long.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Yep, I agree. Look at $/yen below Y81.85... That spells FEAR/trouble ahead! Maybe to today or next week, but soon we will have a major sell off. US economy in worse shape than though and the Fed printers are about to roll out Billion of $.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's all about the 'feelgood' Nov 2010 mid-term elections in the USA.So, the rally could continue robotically until then.(or not) Since Goldman Sachs IS THE WHITE HOUSE AND TREASURY.Add to that their buddies at the FED and Wow !....what a rigged little Market-Girl u are.Miss 2010. = ANY THING GOES.And Negative Divergences on weekly charts are all over the place.Cash is King, right now ? Yeah...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
I also have a bad feeling but feelings dont matter in the market. Here's my plan: I will buy if the ALSI trades above 26560 (intraday high), I will go short if it trades below 26300 (intraday low), otherwise I'm sitting and watching.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Alsi running like mad.Maybe nice gap down on Monday i think.If dow futures fails to breach 10920 to 10950 in the present run i think we are going down.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Striker, Simon wants to know if you are the Bear lurking in the bushes!?There are three positions: long, short and out. And OUT is a good position. So you can come OUT now(from the bushes if it is you the BEAR in there)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Striker, Simon wants to know if you are the Bear lurking in the bushes!?There are three positions: long, short and out. And OUT is a good position. So you can come OUT now(from the bushes if it is you the BEAR in there)
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
have taken some profits(nice to be able to say that after 2 barren years) and if there is a correction I can ride it out for the next 3 years-I would guess a bear is quite possible but markets are not always logical
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
. ..nah not me in the bush - I've always traded when the Bulls are running. However there are some ominous signs and the Worlds economic " recovery" looks brittle . Double Dip is still the watchword and I believe many indicators do not support this Bull trend. The market seems somewhat contrived at this time - Yanks being the culprits. Where are the solid fundamentals for sustained Growth ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Guys....this is all a game of yield only...remember that every month you still paying your insurence premiums and your RA savings etc..and that is happenning on a global scale...tradtionally this kind of money was invested in low risk WESTERN DEVELOPED world assets like US treasuary etc....now the west represents the lowest yields on the plannet and the worst prospects for growth..yet yield is still required so the only asnwer is to put money into the "NEW SAFE" developing world currencies, dept and stocks....go look at any developing chart they are all breaking up and out...this is not a time to be selling its a time to be buying especially if it pulls back to the previous resistance..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
striker, all that you mention is indeed correct .. but not new .. the market has looked an moved on ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
ja John, I'm with you there.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
John I agree - must admit I find it difficult to identify shares at these levels to add to portfolio. I keep on looking but nothing jumps up at me - so you are right, a pull back if ever, might just be an opportunity to add to portfolio here.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I disagree .. there is some qualiity at attractive prices .. just requires more hunting then it did a year or more ago ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Some quality at attractive prices - Altech and Liberty. There is always quality available somewhere. Like Simon said, you just need to searh a little more, and be a little more picky.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
I am quite happy with returns - maybe too picky though.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Last week, US Bulls increased to 55% from 49%; Neutrals decreased to 16% from 19%; while Bears retreated to 29% from 32%. Band on the run? http://www.stockmarketsensor.com/
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Puff, puff, pass ok Simon, spread the love and a few pointers at this stage would be appreciated!
0 Kudos