Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Cost of Trading

Man_T
Contributor
I have a trading account with GT n I have been thinking about this. Lets say i get into long a position e.g. MTX for 300cents and the spread is 7 cents. After this the share goes my way but 6 cents a day for 10 days, by then the price will be 400 cents but I would have lost in that trade based on the daily closing/opening. So why can't these houses have a traing for lets say 3months?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
not following your question at all, but I can say that GT may look cheap in terms of commissions, but they lock you into the spread - which is a cost you have to factor in. what I mean by this, is at any point in the trade, you have to take at the current bid/ask price, you can't enter into the actual auction - so you couldn't put a bid in between the two, for example.
0 Kudos
Man_T
Contributor
Clarity: Example: I buy(Long) MTX @ 300 cents(offer price) and the bid price is 293cents(spread is 7 cents). My target is set to 400 cents. now if the price moves 6 cents a daily until 400cents, i actualy made a loss on that trade because of daily opening and closing of the positions(rolling over).
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
Don't think I understand. Are you opening the trade at the beginning of each day, and then closing it at the end of each day? If that's the case then yes, you make a loss. BUT, you don't need to close the position daily. You can just open it on day one, and close it on the last day and you'll have a profit. Unless you're trading those CFD's that some bucket shops offer that automatically expire at the end of the day. If that's the case, then change the type of CFD you trade to ensure a profit.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
ManT, are you using the spread for mini-cfd or the propper CFD platform? There is quite a difference between the two.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what's a mini cfd ??
0 Kudos
Man_T
Contributor
I am on Spread Trading and i am closing the account A.S.A.P. The I will open CFD account with who I still need to decide.
0 Kudos