Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Could not resist this quotation reminds me of HateGauteng and VI

sponono
Super Contributor
A major mistake made by most investors and traders is to try to call every market turn. This tactic has very little chance of success. Not only is there a tendency to lose perspective/ but most of us operate in cycles, alternating between winning and losing streaks. In attempting to call every trend reversal, we invariably lose our objectivity and lose touch with the markets. It then becomes only a matter of time before we are pushed off balance psychologically. Trying to call every market turn also increases the temptation to act on impulse rather than fact. Decisions that are made infrequently are much more likely to be more thoughtful and reflective. Deliberation gives us a far greater chance of being successful than trying to call every twist and turn in the market. Investment Psychology Explained, Martin J Pring
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Over trading is part of a mechanical system, becos you have to trade the twists and turns ....that leads to trying to trend trade a sideways market.......I find the weekly and daily leads to less trading, but the stop/ risk part negates the advantages of not over trading........the HOLY GRAIL is the exit....after a long holiday, I see that I am still in the daily and weekly TOPI futures and that becos I did not adjust the exit........
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos