Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Could someone please help - I'm still very new

ally123
New Contributor
I just wanted to know whether you pay all the brokerage costs both when you buy and sell shares, or do you just pay the brokerage fee when you are buying?? Thanks so much
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you pay both times, buy and sell .. on the sell side no STT ..
0 Kudos
ally123
New Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
No reason to thank Simon. You get nailed both times and both times by SBK. Simon works for them you know ;-)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya boet an I got habits .. an anyways most of teh money you pay doesn't even go to the broker, tax, strate, fsb, jse .. then a ittle for the broker with habits ..
0 Kudos
Porshe
Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The brokers I knew way back then all had bad habits. Just have a look at the old JSE and JSE Annex parkade pillars to get a feel for historical broker habits.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Off the topic but... is there a difference between cfd futures index and ssf index and can it be that at times they can differ by as much as 100 points? Or maybe I'm getting a time delay on one of them.
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Yes, the Red Room......the local panel beaters and marriage councillors best friend.
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos