Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Creeping up

deanmg
Contributor
Merafe is moving rather nicely. Hopefully this trend keeps up. go you good thing!!!!
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Mr_S
Super Contributor
lov it, and volumes are pretty high, i think its an excellent company, huge prospects etc and barry was rite abt the red and green moving average lines, made me sum bucks, thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I bought in at 230c average, so im really smilling! Some said it would drop to 190c, but stoped at around 218c
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Ja Ja Mat I know you were right and I was wrong. One may stil hope. Got me a tidy sum of SSF's from the mid R2.40. See it closed above the 200 day EMA. Watch closely as its going into overbought. May see a bit of correction. Im planning to stay long till early 320 at least.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanx for the info platsak! Hopefully it drops again for another time to buy!
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
platsak dont u think it may maintain the bull and maybe pass 320? wats causing this sudden rise? volumes?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
In my opinion this is a fundamentally sound share and its definately going places. Theres thus a very distinct possibility that it will continue past R3.20 possibly to the R4.50 level set by Deutche Bank within a year. Taking profit is however definately not a sin. Think the new upturn is because of the postive TA buy signals from the moving averages which are about to cross over and 200 day ema being penetrated and being punted by a few of the snake oil salesmen the last week or so.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Look at that last transaction. 1900000 shares at 174. Someone else is also thinking theres some potential here.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It droped quiet abit at the end today! You think it will drop more platsak?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
im also thinkin that fundamentally its great, i mean look at the past results, but even with those excellent results in my opinion (im a beginner so dont count on it) the market didnt seem to like them as much cos we had that drop in price, but with these strong volumes im thinking of throwing sum extra bucks in and seeing how much i can make. for once it seems i managed to enter a stock at the right time, thats always been my problem
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Mr S Wat price will you buy in next! Im worried i didnt buy enough shares! Cause I think there are big bucks to be made here!
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Barry had a nice post about rather phasing investment in over time as the trend progresses.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Sold half. This has the potential to be more than a bit of a correction. Will get back in later at these levels or lower. Look at the big resources taking a fat beating. Could see another lanslide of resources.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
I done the same sold 50% yesterday at 280 was in from 220. Going to get back in later
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
ill get in around 260- 270, iv noticed this stock does do sum drastic ups and downs so im jus watching as it goes. but long term ima definately stick more in. lets see what happens
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Platsak, what was Barrys take on investing in this share. What moving averages did he use. i am in intially but havent been following closely enough to find my next entry point. Any help would be great. I wont just follow it blindly, i do my own TA, but havent found one that works yet for merafe!
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
richie, Im new to TA but i noticed wat barry pointed out abt the moving average lines, sumthing abt buying a quater when they cross and another quater wen they continue moving up, i followed the MA's, bought in before they crosses, ppl started saying its gon reach 190, held, lines crossed and wala! but i think barry might be able to explain better, but like iv said before im pretty happy cos it seems iv entered a stock at the right time for the first time ;-), anyone with any other winning entry strategies?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah i know the system Mrs, but what moving averages does he use? and is this an investment or a trading strategy?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
To be honest i dont knoe, you will have to ask him that, thats actually a good question, never thought to ask...hmm
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
This is just plain ugly. Matt maybe we see 190 this time.
0 Kudos