Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Crikey!

Brazen
Super Contributor
There are so many shares that are such bargains. And I don't feel I'm catching falling knives. This time next week I'm on that yacht. Just look at the PEs and divi yields.
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
john_1
Super Contributor
Crikey!! who the F#$Ck uses words like that. Oh jolly hockey sticks!!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I know. But I'm scared SimonPB will discipline me.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
He is to bussy stimulating the ladies with his lectures.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ol steve erwin has been reincarnated as brazens alta ego.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
More like smurf in the getto's
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I am waiting for one share to fall!
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
So Brazen, what are your punts for next week should the fed cut rates?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Scandal I'm taking a flyer on INL. They've been hammered recently and they say their exposure to sub-prime is not a problem. I'm taken Northern Rock today as an opportunity to buy more. I think the Fed will cut, quite a few of the big merchant banks have results out next week in the US, and I think they will surprise to the upside. It's gonna be a very rocky few days tho and I will have to drink a lot.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
What are you buying geared instruments or equities? yesterdays long red candle on the daily chart makes me nervous since. Open price was not tested on the upside instead closed very close to the lows of the day (bearish), crossed the 61.8% fib line as well (bearish). Me thinks i will wait for a reversal signal on the charts then if it passes the 7579 level convincingly will go long with 8300 as profit target (tweezer top 05-06 sept highs) as profit target.. what do you think?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Your plan sounds good scandal. Mine is less technical tho. I'm buying a fundamentally good company on bad news and am ready to hold for a while. I have a target of the early 90s. I'm buying a contract here and there on lows below 80. I don't have a massive exposure as it is high risk.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good plan B. INL's been making me nervous too because it looks like they're actually more susceptible to the woes of sub-prime than they actually say. I bought in right at the recent high, but I'm hanging on because I read a couple of comments by the big guns (like OMAM) and they've been buying 'cause they reckon there's significant value in this one. We shall chew our nails and wait then, shall we?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
We will bite whatever is available Wardog. Little story, this time 2 years ago I really believed in ECO and it was on the floor. I bought on every dip and had a big exposure. It just kept falling and I lost my nerve selling at a big loss. Less than three months later, I could have more than doubled my money if I'd stuck to my gut feeling. I feel the same way about INL as I did about ECO then.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Sounds good. I am not looking to hold for long. Planning on buying a couple SSF contracts as per the above strategy with short term profits as target. Reason is that market is fickle when it comes to the banks. Bad news in the sector in Europe and the States is not really over i think. Banks exposure to junk bonds etc is one thing that makes me nervous due to the fact that it is extremely difficult to tell one true exposure to the sub prime woes.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Brazen ,So you also had a Baptism of Fire .
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Mnay baptisms. And three to six months can feel like an eternity.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Brazen.. I have a confesion.. I just bought a few harmony instalments.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
You Big Fat Hipocrate! You...you...you....GOLDBUG!!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
It was not GFI!!! Just a little sniff, less money than I have made on the alsi today!
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Good buy john.I will wait for pullback and and buy at about 78. STOCH overbought at the mo but RSI reversing on hourly charts.. Have learn't to wait for the right time to buy. (i look at daily chart then set price and wait for hourly chart to confirm price trend) Still testing system and paying fees. Am paying school fees at the mo (FOS)... looking for exit.
0 Kudos