Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Crime after the world cup another survey

john_1
Super Contributor
Actually Simon you may have a point... all bank charges should be tax deductable...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
sorry not deductable as ecpense..I am talking should be considered as a tax..deductable from ones total tax bill...
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
For those of you who do not live in Gauteng or the Western Cape or aren't exposed to the Primedia or Independent Newspapers please visit LeadSA.co.za it's a new movement to change every South African. Let's start making a positive contribution, lets become law abiding citizens and lets do this for our families, for our communities and for our country. It starts with everyone of us. At my company we have all plead not to break any of the traffic laws, not to purchase pirated dvds/cds and not to condone drunken driving... remember it begins with you!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Jim..yes its a great idea and its true.. My contribution todays is to suggest any of you who live in Cape Town go to the labia and See the Film.'Magabe and the white african"..it really puts one possible future for SA into perspective.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Now Bob wants to be white !!!! Does the man's ambition know no end :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Whatsup you talk about blue lights etc. Fact. We came back from a trip down south. It was about 7 pm & there was a big match to be played at Soccer city. The south bound lane, over a distance of about 8km was flashing blue lights virtually all the way. Obviously taking VIP's from somewhere to the game. Never new there were so many cop cars in the country Johngeorge
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
@ Jim Bean - your suggestion is all well and good,but Govt.must lead the way and set the example.Corruption and non tax compliance by the likes of Malema,has to be rooted out.Without a serious effort by Govt.in this regard nothing that the citizens do w
0 Kudos
Shado
Contributor
please do not talk about the world and crime, during the WC there law enforcement agencies from around the world,they are all gone ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what did you expect ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
folks, withholding tax will just get you arrested as it is a crime (which seemingly we're all against) .. you want to change things moaning ain't doing it .. join a political party, or a civic org, or the police reservists, soemthing .. nothing ever happened when everybody sat on their buts .. you want a better SA, make it happen ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
exactly... this is true, and one of the ways is to be a law abiding citizen.. Sh@T now I am going to have to pay my taxes!
0 Kudos
zudy
Contributor
Well said simon we are all so quick to point fingers at criminals, but look around you when stuck in traffic how many are wearing seat belts how many are talking on cell phones these are against the law. So in a small way we can make a difference just by adherring to those laws then do as Simon says and go and get involved.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Speaking of law-abiding citizens, how do we interpret this contribution - and I wonder if this is allowed in my neighbourhood? Or do different rules apply... http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/No-arrests-for-mob-killings-20100805
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
which part the cable theft or the killings?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Comparing not wearing a seat belt to serious crimes like murder, rape etc is absurd. Being positive about SA is fine but please dont put us in the same boat as the lowest of the low in our society..
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
It is one thing to have tax compliant members in society,but the flip side is the govt's. obligation to those members to provide value for their taxes.Health, Education,security and social grants like a pension fund.Right now we get nothing from this govt,in any of those categories. Old model C govt. schools are anything but free,we all have to be on exhorbitant pvt. med aid schemes,and I doubt many Suburban dwellers dont have private security.You've got to ask yourself - what does this goverment actually give us for our tax Rand ? WE desperately need a tax payers Bill of Rights to be formulated and published by this govt .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos