Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Curious to know how everyone built up their investment capital?

madmac
Occasional Contributor
Twenty years ago I started investing 20% of my salary into various investment vehicles. I also spent whatever I could on developing and educating myself into a marketable entity. My investment philosophy has not changed radically, but I have a greater understanding, and have sometimes paid heavily for the experience gained. May the next twenty years be as good, if not better.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
day traded the alsi and never took out money from the account. 18 months later can trade up to 60 contracts when i started with 5. The power of compounding and gap plays. Thanks to this forum, the like of john, Chartist and their posts.
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Who needs big brother with this site , in the past 2 years we have all volentered our ages,area where we reside,cars we drive, marital status,job status,how many degrees we have {me nil} and now where did we huck our money from.So befor you ask 7"........
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
I have noticed that no one actually sold a business for big big bucks and used the money to start investing. Oh and who of you believe in Suzi ormans retirement advice, cos apparantly ppl over 55 should not even be in the stock market (they doint have enough time to recover from market dips)
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
and john i dont beleive u have told us how u came up with your capital lol id love to hear from barry too
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
He he, John Met chartist, milked him, and went short.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Worked my ***** off, dabbled in '98 with R200 nearly lost it all, worked my ***** off and came back last year wiser and with more patience. Tried milking the wife but that didn't work at all!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
God help those who help themselves... My bank account details for the royalties is..Standard bank....
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Only 7" Simba - that's either dissapointing or you being honest. I would have gone for at least a god solid 9" on this site. Chartist would have approved.
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
Hulle se daar is net twee sizes ... ag duim en ag shame
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
1st Best way to save is re investing 100% of Capital Gain. 2nd Salary/profit saving of +30%.
0 Kudos