Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Current rally on its last leg...

DEP
Super Contributor
...maybe time to change Direction?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
geordie1
Super Contributor
I guess a correction is due soon but guesswork as to when-by mid october?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
only thing holding us back right now is resources, particularly the platinum majors. Virtually every share in the top40 has posted 20-25% increased earnings. We are stuck at resistance, sure, but once resources rerate, I recon we are going to reach 2008 levels soon
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
hope you are right but just in case you are not I have taken some money off the table.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Will Sept rally become Oct. rally as well? Not so sure... too much $ floating around the globe thanks to FED printing $. This is going to cause pain in the long run.
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Sitting on 1/3 cash at the mo, the rally caught me by surprise. Will wait for a correction. Best is to ignore the noise, else you will be tempted to start buying NOW!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Hmmm, keep an eye on Euro/$ and Gold/$ both turning slightly down after a good run... I believe currencies move ahead o stocks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Don't agree. Gold is through 1315 this morning. I see 1350 on the cards before a correction to 1250. Lets see, if it breaks under 1300 then I am on the fence. If it goes under 1290 then I am completely bearish till 1260s. The dow is rallying boy! Look at it go!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Hmmm, interesting i see Gold "right now" at $1305. What screan are you looking at?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Snap1... Wild markets -> Dow was up over 100 points about an hour ago down 60 points now. Gold trading below 1296! Water falls...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
we have broken out in dollar terms..my guess much of the current buying is off shore dollar funds.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
HAHA you cant call the market!! But its fun trying and not fun when you wrong!!
0 Kudos