Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Cv for Trading

Not applicable
What kind of things do bankers look for when looking at a CV for the graduate programmes? I would love to go into trading or hedges
0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
Not applicable
Masters in Statistics and Maths
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How about non degree requirements?
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
not sure if you've seen this yet but

http://graduate.standardbank.com/graduate_programmes/south_africa/index.html

talk to people @ the bank, somebody will be able to help you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The ethics of a prostitute. A conviction for solicitation will help.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks doomsday I was thinking more along the lines like activities i could do. Like join a club (toast masters) or a leadership programme. I have two years to become an EPIC candidate
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Gravy, which BANK screwed you ....and took your money!?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Join a club? For bankers? Last I heard the Illuminati had two vacancies. . . .
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol... yes, thats true, read "House of Rothschild"... very interesting how the whole international banking business is structured... buy JPMorganChase shares, in the end you cannot go wrong :) So yes, illuminati would be the best way into the upper ranks of world banking. lol - Guys just remember, i love banks, especially ones like JPMorganChase and private ones like Rothschild, etc.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
At least prostitutes have ethics. Bankers have none. They are the financial terrorists of the world.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tru. And a hooker can (usually) only screw one person at a time.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The Shepherd and The Banker A suited man, an investment banker, is striding along a road in the countryside and he comes across a shepherd and with his flock of sheep. Being a gambler, he tells the shepherd, 'I will bet you $100 against one of your sheep that I can tell you the exact number in this flock.' The shepherd thinks it over, it's a huge flock so he accepts the bet. The banker parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite navigation system to get an exact fix on his location. From there he feeds the data to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo. Within seconds he receives an email on his Smart phone that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his phone and, after a few minutes, receives a response. Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer and finally turns to the shepherd and says, 'You have exactly 261 sheep'. The shepherd is astonished because the banker's figure is exactly correct. He says, 'OK, I'm a man of my word, take a sheep.' The investment banker selects one of the animals and begins to walk away. 'Wait,' yells the shepherd, 'Let me have a chance to get even. Double or nothing that I can guess your exact occupation.' The banker agrees readily. 'You are a government investment banker,' says the shepherd. 'Good grief!' splutters the banker, 'You are exactly right, tell me, how did you deduce that?' 'Easy,' says the shepherd, 'give me back my sheep dog, and I will tell you.' "No guessing required.' answered the shepherd. 'You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You tried to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about sheep.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thats all great guys but that doesnt answer my question! Doesnt this forum have something against spam! I dont care about who thinks bankers suck! I think you suck if thats the case. All i care about is my question!! :\
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would recommend you go on a graduate program to remedy your attitude
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Are you saying that the Grad program is a life sucking exp? because thats the way it seems!
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
If you looking at studying, do a degree in financial accounting, something in that line.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You know i can only get into the Grad programme after i do my honours right?
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Probably, I'm an electrician by trade :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It is obvious that you are new to this forum. Always remember that there are lighter sides to life.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Dude, learn as much about investing/trading as you can while studying, i think if there's an investment club you know of join it, but other clubs i am not sure will give you a definate advantage. Knowing what you're talking about and the way around investing/trading is the answer, then get the best marks in your degree and once you have that submit an application to either SBK's graduate program, but look at other companies as well. JPMorgan has a fantastic graduate program where you could be accepted into a fantastically global business, training in New York, etc, and the doors would be wide open for career moves, etc once on the inside. If you're really keen to move up fast, check out an MBA as well. check this link out - http://careers.jpmorgan.com/student/jpmorgan/careers/southafrica/apply/process
0 Kudos