Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

DAILY TECH ANALYSIS

WES
Super Contributor
OST just sent me their Daily Tech Analysis email - "Buyers may return Today " - huh ? Who does these analysis ? Don't they follow what is happening in the world ?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so why don't you give us your daily pre market ta analysis ?!
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
TECHNICAL ANALYSIS is done from charts, world events are irrelevant. and for what its worth its an art not science.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Do your own analysis - Top 10 rule
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
the Efficient-market hypothesis may not be applicable at times but it cant be disproved either, if the subscription service is right half the time, you take the trade half the time and you get the timming right half the time, well whaterver. Chatrooms are informative but dangerous. Especially when you fall for all the parra-pan first team rugby chummyness. Its always the oldest tricks i fall for. Me da used to farm sheep. They culled jackals in those days. The other day he told me that he changed his thinking on this, he was breeding a super jackal, only those ever got away.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Ps. i was in the third team at parra-pan, "the golden years", we only had 3 teams.
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Err....because I can't. I am not a professional organization, that presents myself as an authority on investments.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I gave up on SBKs daily analysis when they called 2008 a "bullish falling wedge".
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Warren Buffets own words on efficient market hypothesis were "If it was true then Id be sleeping under a bridge today".
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah yes, we should have thrown her under the bus for getting it wrong ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well I guess in that case you must be praising Roffey as a market genius as well, caused the MACD grouping said that Shoprites will come down and he was right...eventually.
0 Kudos
magicactus
Frequent Contributor
Her call on Assore was a bit on the crazy side, ignored her stops and sitting 70% down, nad adding to a losing postion. And they not exactly pre market, more like lunchtime update, and some times afternoon and sometimes not at all.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Top40/ALSI is pre market .. stocks is mid day(ish)
asr I agree
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
The analysis is not as important as the money management strategy........trading the ALSI FUTURES, teaches you some very important lesssons on the EXIT. Being wrong more than 50% , and still be profitable
0 Kudos