Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

DDT delisting

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
pice at 1385c (120 penecce) ..
0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
sponono
Super Contributor
to think I was looking for a possible short position here. damn I would be dead now.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and this is the huge risk of shorting .. when Edcon got taken out I know a chap who was short and he had to sell assets to cover the margin call .. lost around 300% in 2 minutes ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an check the long term chart .. http://bit.ly/91XQDS ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon - why if DDT in this example is delisted the share jumps so much - 18,78 %. What is the reason. I just like for interest sake to know.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Coz people realise the value that they going to get back..Yeah I remember Edcon - wow I made a killing there it just kept going up up and up
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
because existing investor are being offered 1385c per share .. so the price jumps to that 1385c levvel .. well a little below ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Do you think it's a good idea to buy some call warrants on it now. Would i be able to sell the warrants later?
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
in the old days when a company delisted, the investor we exempt from paying taxes on any profits made. Is it still the case now days?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Okay. Thanx, now i understand.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but why will it move higher ?? only if there a higher offer ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
never heard of that .. an to my knowledge not the case ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ya now it make sense. Just wish i new about something like this sooner. Between Telkom and now DDT - I would have made a killing this week.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
In 1998 I owned T&N shares that were listed on the JSE, they were bought out by Federal Mogul in the uSA and delisted off the JSE. The profits I made were exempt from tax..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In Edcon's case the value was underestimated big time. Don't see that happening here!
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Because the delisting was profits of a capital nature, and CGT never existed then. CGT exists now. You will be taxed.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
then you ask the question why are people paying 1395 when they only might get 1385 back...!
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
0 Kudos