Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

DEAD CAT?

Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Was that a bounce or is there more upside? My opinion is strong down!!!
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Electrox
Super Contributor
you make some good calls there BB. should,ve taken your advise over some other respected formites.
0 Kudos
CAPITALIST_RUNN
Frequent Contributor
what a dive!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Can anybody explain its cause? FTSE up and we do a dive?
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
same thing last week, dow was up for 2 days and we were down. I'ts a conspiracy I tell you.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Its simple when the FTSE goes up we go down or stay the same and when the FTSE goes down so do we. Ps we also go down when the Nikkei or Hang Seng goes down. The only market that we seem to be immune to is the Matabele Gumbo Bead traders of the DRC except in election years when we go down irrespective of what their market does.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
well the answer is easy if we always go down why dont you go short?
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Good sugesstion. Wher are you currently short asylum?
0 Kudos
CAPITALIST_RUNN
Frequent Contributor
Do you think All Share is making an inverse head and shoulders?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
sold out of most position yesterday only long on acl at the moment waiting for markets to settle will jump short or long on market moving news when it comes out.
0 Kudos
Champ_golfer
Frequent Contributor
Hey don't compare day for day, US is day ahead of us If they went down yesterday we will go down today, the true intraday compare is between 16:30 to 17:00 as they trade We will go up tommorrow, I also heard the BULLS are in training for the new season, starting Saturday, so Methinks the bulls run would start mid day after lunch tomorrow and be in full steam Monday
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bears really seem determined to see a close below yesterdays!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
hey Ernie i think that the yanks are not ahead of us it is now 5.34pm SA time 17 jan, New york 10.34 am 17 Jan that would make them behind us.
0 Kudos
Champ_golfer
Frequent Contributor
Yes asylum ur dead right time wise, but u forgot the US is the world leader, and when they get a big shake or bull run, we only get the hit a day afterwards technically cause we play catchup U can't compare intradays etc. we always lag a day or best half a day behind It take time to cross the Atlantic and get to us, lol Same with housing markets, they have a big crisis, which is SA 4-5 yrs ahead, I think we would have the same crisis comes 2011.12 just after the soccer world cup, our market are already taking the strain like it was the case here in London up until 3-4 mths ago, when interest rates peaked and started stabilising and now gradually reducing
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
maybe so but i can tell one thing i wont be going long tommorow!
0 Kudos