Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

DJ Futures

Not applicable
CNN has Dow futures at +19; Bloomerg has them at -527. I'm leaning towards believing Bloomberg, but anyone know where they really stand at this point?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
That's Bloomberg. Simon, please could we have a spell checker on the forum posting thingy!
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
It's now at -36... but that's just today's movement I think. Sitting at 11550
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
reuters says -542
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah, soem systems reset at the "close" pf yesterday. others did not as yesterday was a holiday. hence the vast differences.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CNN Money says -556 at 5:27am ET (ie to open about 5% down)
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
I find you must do a refresh of the page on CNN, Bloomberg and even CNBC to get a more realistic value.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, in a situation like this, which is the true reflection of what is likely to happen when the markets open - the combined figure over the two days or the move today? I would guess that the US won't simply ognore the futures drop of yesterday, but would today's less negative futures reduce the drop at the open?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
surely both days? Unless they got lucky and missed it all.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
GT24 spread platform has then at 11621 as of now (1:13) which is 34 up from whenever GT's instrument last opened. If that helps - P
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Before you get excited remember that Dow futures were traded yesterday and that the market closed at 12099,30 on Friday soo that means that the Dow and S&P are in for a bad start they are at 11590 and 1261 respectively at present. This and the associated poor results with Bank of America and others to post today it is not common sense to be long BUT I might be wrong.
0 Kudos