Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

DJ rally

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so the DJ had its best 4 week rally since 1933 the last 4 weeks ..
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
Is the rally sustainable??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no idea ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja, amazing how perceptions can change so much in the space of a couple of weeks. 4 weeks ago - doom & gloom. Now because a couple of TV stations are saying hte end of recession is in site, everyone jumps on board. Markets always pre-empt, now we just have to wait and see if hte market pre-empted properly or if the bulls are going to soil their diapers
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
whats your guess Skaapchop
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We're sitting on the necklines of so many inverse h&s formations. Starting to feel Barry-ish, I mean bullish.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I don't guess, my strategy is to short soon - Simon's lazy trade system is probably the best entry mechanism for this. and to go long if we break upper resistance, but only after a pullback. I prefer to swing trade. The problem of going long, is that I don't feel comfortable in letting profits ride, because in bear markets, you can't expect things to stay green for long
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I'm also not taking any bets, either way. I will guess, though. I don't see any real moves downwards until there's something to scare people. The issues are out there, but they're currently background noise.
0 Kudos
JRW
Occasional Contributor
The thing to bear in mind is look what the market did when the news about the car manufacturers hit. Now it seems to me that the auto industry isn't going to be the only one where companies go under, so there's still some bad news coming down the line. The consequences of a general economic slowdown haven't played out through the whole economy just yet. This bear market has still got some legs. IMO.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Absolutely. I'm very bearish, I just don't think most of the market likes to see the bad news until it's stuffed in their face.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
normally a bull but bearish at the mo its results season in US and i think there are going to be many stutters, blushes and stammers.I think the bulls gonna play with the bunnies over easter and come back when the bears go into hibernation for the winter
0 Kudos