Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

DOW

Wizard
Super Contributor
I have identified some pattern in the graph since 9 OCT which repeated itself twice. If it occurs for the 3rd time then we are looking at 20 days going south.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Russ
Super Contributor
Ja,if it occurs 3 times then Osama Bin Laden will fly a microlight into the statue of liberty.That's what I'm hoping for:no casualties,no major damage (just knock the lamp out of the lady's hands-that should do the trick).
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Well what pattern is that.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
After the peaks of 9 OCT and 31 OCT the market fell fast. Same thing happened in DEC. 1st peak in 10 DEC and second in 26 DEC.Then the market was going just one way> Down. Now we have a peak on 1 FEB then another one in 13 FEB. If the same process continues then the market will go down to maybe 11500.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yeah i had a look at it but my interpretation is a little different the 9th oct was a new high and then on the 31 oct the dow failed to make the high of 20th july thereby we have a lower high than in july and the start of the downward cycle only when the dow starts making HH will this trend be reversed.omo
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Very interesting observation. And it fits the Elliot Wave theory too. If this is true, then a big downleg is coming! Well done.
0 Kudos
sax
Frequent Contributor
I have also noted it but the only thing that worries me is with the first 2 if you draw your FIB retrace from their 1st high to 1st low you will see the great fall was each time a close below 61.8 line but this last one it actually closed above it before it came down again..... makes me wonder since our TOP40 did the same and now it is well above 61.8
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The rebound from the first low went to 61.8. The rebound from the second low went to 38 or so. If the next down leg materializes it could go to 11500. TOPI is full of resources and it's a different kettle of fish, but it did go strongly to 61.8 after the low!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Following Chartist and his Gap plays, I've been watching all the gaps since start of the year on ALSI. All gap downs since 2 Jan have been closed, but the gaps ups have been left open (like today's runaway gap). If the theory is correct, then each gap is a trap waiting to be traded out.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
one would also have to look at what constitutes a runaway gap and the likely hood of that gap closing during close of day ,a 300 point jump might be considered to much and as such might only retrace at a later stage if at all.omo
0 Kudos