Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

DRD....This forums favourite share

DR_1
Super Contributor
Fellow Forumites... What are the thoughts on DRD. I had bought a packet when it was @ R8, and did not sell @ R12, was waiting for the mystical R25. I have now lost more than half. Seems to be the oly share that is bucking the trend. Any one else sitting with tons of this garbage. DR
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
tsbc
Contributor
Im in at 6.50 hope to get out 42.00 ;) wishful thinking
0 Kudos
tsbc
Contributor
Im in at 6.50 hope to get out 42.00 ;) wishful thinking
0 Kudos
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
I will get in at R4.20 and sell by means of my stoploss system.
0 Kudos
tsbc
Contributor
what is your stop loss system?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
maciver
Contributor
I hope to buy in at around R3.50 in March and sell at R5.0 late April !!!! like the deep hole miners !!!!!
0 Kudos
maciver
Contributor
Sorry , not deep hole miners ..... long drop miners
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Well lets ask Dr Roffey what he thinks about it. Fair enough?
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
DRD has mapped a falling wedge pattern and in addition there is a huge buy divergence on the RSI. This is a major buy signal after the period of strong under performance. Dr Clive Roffey 2007/02/05
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
He has been saying similar since it was R10+... The market hates this share and it's performance is terrible. If you had a chance to lay a bet during a horse race, would you bet on the lame nag at the back of the pack, or the strong horse out front? Same thing here - buy the shares making new highs, not the ones going lower and lower. In fact, if you had shorted DRD every time Roffey had said 'buy' you would have made decent money.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
DRD has been sold off back to levels of stupidity. Under 900c it remains a major SSF buy - Clive Roffey 26/11/2006 - after I sent him an email asking him why he was calling a buy when DRD had slipped under R 10.....
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
It will be dissapointing if it doesn't go under 5 coming so far down!
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
The Directors have sold off a nett 5.2million shares in the last 3 years. If they have no confidence in their own abilities to run the mine why should the investors? Perhaps they will be sweating just a bit to get this dog back to R7.20 by July to stay on the Nasdaq (by which time the Rand might be 8 to the USD). Sweating like their suppliers were when the mines were liquidated...Chickens coming home to roost, or what?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos