Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

DRD

Dutch
Frequent Contributor
Down 13% this am??? What's up? Dutch
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
I'm watching DRD hit a massive Support line at R4.50(back to 20000.Gold is getting ready to reach for a new high( hint: Yen Carry-trade unwinding ).Volumes have increased ever since late 2005 on the Monthly Chart.10 000 of these and pack away.A mine is valued by the reserves in the ground.The SENS looks promising.Just one problem with this arrangement.bank of new York controls near-80% of the float by proxy.They run the show.I say, they'll Pump it. at R4.50.Worth a look.
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
ask the dr. he will tell you it's a buying opportunity
0 Kudos
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
When DRD has a SENS - the market always overreacts in an arbitrary direction :-) Seriously through, DRD is testing a very important resistance line at R4.40. If it falls through this level, the share will fall much further. If it rises from this point - it may climb back to R6 in a relatively short period of time. who knows?? OMO
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Zarp,I know you are from another galaxy,but this support that goes back to 20000-what is that in our years?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Typo : Year 2000.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
The time of JDH,ABO and now DRD the most talked about dogs should be laid to rest.Now methinks they might focus their attention on GVM which keeps shooting up.It has gone up from the 4 Jan 07 by 162%,ideal for people that wont/don't read balance sheets or annual reports.How high will it go ? i don'tknow,but it might be well worth the ride.It is difficult to obtain any information about it.For my part i feel the JSE should lean on them to at least issue a rudimentry statement.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Quite a big volume on the down side in NY. Shortly before the close 4 mil changed hands in a flash! The company is restructuring, as a result it may go down even further. Gold doesn't play any significant role at the moment.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
From SENS one can see that it is a Perth based(Australian)share,which listed through an introduction,which means it did not raise any new funds.They seek to add coal mines in Mapumalanga and Limpopo to thei nickle works in AUS.They also trade on London's Alternative Investment Market and the Australian Stock Exchange.Nickle is in demand worldwide.
0 Kudos
mwk
Frequent Contributor
GVM will open a coal mine near one of the formerly mothballed Eskom power stations, and I believe they have a contract to supply coal to that power station.
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
DRD has issued 15.7million new shares. This represents 5.7% of its current issues capital. What we are seeing is a revaulation of the share based on the new issues.
0 Kudos