Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Da Banksters....

Not applicable
Now Holding out near the Corner liquor-store with their leader 3Fingers-Fibo at R102.75....A battle royal in play.Chief of Detectives,Harry Point von Figure has seen this all before...as he signals to his Snipers on the rooftops.##..Oooo..what will happen next ? Tune in to US Futures after Lunch, for the next exciting episode....
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Preston
Super Contributor
Zarp, i changed my view of interest rate. It will remain unchanged..the market has already priced in a 50 basis point increase...That is actually going to be my profits on bank share (still deciding ) .... As you said yesterday , Tito was previously minister of labour , if he increases interest rate, the 6.5% will reduce to 5.8% after discounting. What doust say thee?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Preston: Of course, we're just Speculating here,but when I look at the the UK-EU-USA....our little Rand will need all the Overnight-rates support it can get...50bp hike, at the least.100bp will be most Striker-friendly too.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Preston: Here's something with no Speculation.Check out the trends in money-flows since rand-strength peaked earlier eg: Rand/Dollar was 6.88...now 7.21,etc( this,against a Rotten Dollar,no less)...Money is leaving.To attract it back = rate-hikes for the Overnight Offshore 'Hot-money' Gang,who can collapse the Rand like Super-Blitzen quick.eg: last Apr2006.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Agreed but i really want believe he is going to leave it unchanged? By the way ...what about the "cross eye spider"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Died of fright and freshly embalmed(with cross-eyed feature intact)....RIP buddy
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The Queen of Darkness(SBKDBV) wins.I chicken out at the 61.8% Fibo....wiff a luvverly 33% Loss.Time-decay just too freaky...Blubber,Sob...and onto the next Trade.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Zarpie, klap a BULL bro and make some moolah !!!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Well I bought 60K of SBK on my PSG account. Hope i do not fall flat?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I see you took my advice then! I really hope works out, is it a LOOOOONG term buy?
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Let me get this straight Zarp, u sit on this warrant for how many weeks losing sleep, hair, trousers, the works and come the day before the Reservebank meeting you decide to get out? Sure there's a chance of news being taken positive tomorrow but the volatility will be as such that u should see a decent low on SBK tomorrow as well? Ah well, prolly gonna ignore all the lessons learnt on this one he?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Zarpie, tip for free bro, buy TOPDWM, when it goes down to 300c, double up. When Mrs Z comes back from the UK, she will be very proud !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CE :Thanx for the Tip...My lovely wife is quite Happy with my other Trades,thus far...DRD,SOL-call,TOPI-Put....On Balance, A-O.K. ### O by the way, are we watching BILLy-boy.Quite tempted to Putster that one at the Mo.Temptation.....the Ancient Serpent,a Tree and free-love..Sssssssss!,heh.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Good Zarpie, just thought I could help to make her more proud.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Zarp... you obviously have somw apptitude as you are still with us...P&F charts have value for sure- for intra day trading before the advent of computers. So that the guys in the trading pits could keep track and stay diciplined in the heat of battle. I think they may still have great intraday benifits... maybe even longer term. Their value, as I see it, is the fact that the market become a 000and xxx game. Not long or short Not right or wrong not even up or down. that way you can swing trade and stay passive, or " in the zone". See I think that to be a great trader you not a bull or a bear. You just on the right side of the market... and if you are on the wrong side you exit and wait till the next xxxx000 come round to pick you up again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
john : I think you're starting to understand me.Most impressed.I am not a Bull/Bear/Who cares...quite right.....And as Tango will testify: "Reuters:World-first>>>Zarp minimizes a Loss ! "...heh.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No I do think so.. But I am trying mate..Listern, I have a unused copy of amibroker. Would you like it.. you will have to pay for the downloads but that it. I cant bear watching you trade dead warrents off monthly charts for a moment longer.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
IG Index....in the process.Thanx anyway.
0 Kudos