Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Daily Pivots - why does this site not supply them?

Not applicable
From reading the discussion groups it is clear that daily pivots are incredibly important areas of support and resistance which change on a daily basis. Here is a link to the pivots updated daily. http://www.realchartist.com/forum/6-alsi-trading/15-daily-pivots.html
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RisseN
Contributor
Pivots are simply one of an unlimited set of tools available to traders. They are useful to some and are completely ignored by others. I see absolutely no reason why Standard Bank would include them on this site. Enjoy your learning curve alsitrader, it seems as though you have a long way to go both directly in your trading and in your general attitude.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for that but are you sure you see absoluetly no reason? The fact that we are pivoting around the main pivot in the way we are at 29941 not enough reason?
0 Kudos
RisseN
Contributor
As I said before, pivots are just one of an unlimited list of tools available to a trader. If there was only one tool that worked then everyone would use it and either everyone would be millionaires or it would stop working. Pivots may work today and not work again for the next month, then all of a sudden work again. There is no holy grail!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no one was saying anything about a holy grail. I have become use to hysterical responses though. Did you notice how important the pivots were yesterday and how the price action bounced from the one to the other. Did you notice how the price action move up to S2 and then down to S1 and then hung around there? A great trader I know once said thare two kinds of traders - "those that are aware of pivots and use them and there are those that dont"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
apologies that shopuld read R1 and R2
0 Kudos