Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Day trading tools

manicks
Regular Contributor
Can you guys kindly recommend a good charting program and a cost effective real time trading platform for day trading?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Ninja
Super Contributor
I use Omnitrader....very powerful however I don't day trade so am not sure how well it translates into day btrading.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Omnitrader (OT) RT is no good and The Stock Market College's Quick Charts Pro (QCP) RT is even worse. I've used OT for 8 years and finally threw it out in disgust. I used QCP for 2 years and threw it out in disgust. It's bandwidth intensive and even worse on system resources. Nirvana Systems really need to overhaul the app and clean up the code while QCP really need to take a long hard look at the quality of the charting system as it's terrible. I regularly had app collapses and freezes and I use a powerful gaming platform for my trading. Even worse, both apps have very limited systems and indicators and if you want anything extra you pay mega dollars for it. Worst is that you cannot create 10 base 100 symbol overlays in OT at all while QCP at least has that. Nirvana now have a great product called Visual Trader based on 3D market heatmaps which they're punting all out but after my experience with OT I'm once bitten twice shy. I now use eSignal's proprietary platform and it's absolutely reliable and stable. The RT datafeeds are the best I've ever used and absolutely reliable with up to 30 years worth of data for stocks and indexes. It has great systems and indicators and you can also buy proprietary systems from vendors. Nothing comes cheap in a good platform so expect to pay in the region of ZAR10k per year. Have a look at www.esignal.com (the only downside is you don't get ALSI futures on eSignal but that is sorted is you use IG Markets or DWT). My 2c worth? Make sure you get to test any app before you put money on the table. If the vendor doesn't allow that then you're better off walking away.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Nova thanks for the insight
0 Kudos