Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dead Bear?

DEP
Super Contributor
Are the bears dead? Am I alone, still holding on to my shorts (daily accumulation of TOPI shorts)?
0 Kudos
44 REPLIES 44
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I just exited my longs. Hope not too soon. This sideways moving market has got me flabbergasted. Didn't make any money in Feb. At this rate, I'll have to go and look for a friggin job.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I won't claim this is a bear or a bull market. It's a volitile market trading sideways in a range. Neither the bull rally or the bear has been confirmed in the last three months. It seems that the way to trade the market is small buys and sells on market strength and market weakness. Let's just call it traders market.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
in the past 12 months, the market was quite good for the bull...
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Good, now the next 3, 6 and 12 months? Is it going to be good for the bull?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
when the market is this choppy and moving sideways why not trade the index or forex? Forex especially is is almost free to trade and allows you to scalp the markets even when the stock market is slow and impossible to trade.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Ok, I've just gone and shorted but can't help feeling like an idiot anyway.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
with a quick rise in the ALSI and TOPI in the last 1 hour, well you said it '-)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
hey CPS go post on my funding thread. and why have you not sent me a mail..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Eish, we will fight another day!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Now if it wasn't for the supercomputers and last minute "tweaking," to close the Dow just above 10400, we'd have a nice crash and burn tomorrow. Well let's see what happens.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
The bears has gone into hiding...
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
nope just road kill
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
You might want to hold that thought...methinks the near-term upward momentum is starting to stall across global markets...the fuel might be running low?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
FTSE is down, dunno what makes us so special??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
they rose after we closed yesterday
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Ah! So we need to play catchup - now where's those gap traders?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
We didn't gap - but we did 3 days ago - which makes a continuation of this rally really likely. Make new short-term highs even?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
seem to be holding/hovering around 24730 mark (resistance from late last week). If it breaks up then we head to 24850 and then 25200 mark. if it decides to stop at resistance and reverse we could see a fall to 23700 and down to 23500. narrow range but market seems to be waiting for something useful to drive us up or down.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
The alsi has broken through last weeks resistance indicating the topi will follow. If you are trading the index there is great opportunity to make serious cash at these junctions and we see reversals off double tops and potential breakouts......Started trading from IG Index UK last night, have never seen a platform with so many markets and so many features from deal thru charts, ongoing intra day and end of day technical analysis on all markets, shares, indices and currencies showing completed technical patterns as well as developing patterns for you to keep an eye on updated evey 15 minutes, to forex and market outlooks, summarised market updates,streaming reuters news, every market and tool you could possibly imagine and best of all when trading currencies and indices etc there is 0% commision and spreads starting from 2 pips on major currecncies, indices,metals oil etc etc etc. Don't get me wrong I love this site and OST but if you want a seriously high tech kick ass platform have a look......www.igindex.co.uk......cutting edge trading. Wow.
0 Kudos