Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dead cat bounce today, or what?

barry_1
Super Contributor
I see Nikkei is up,Hang seng is up,Dow ,Nasdaq,S&P are all a little up and futures of plats are up and gold are up,but oh the Yanks are sooo despondent!Possibility we have included the rate hike in our prices.What we need from the gov.is a clear statement that things are in order and no further increase is needed.Other opinions wellcome!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Preston
Super Contributor
Barry, I believe that inflation is now becoming a global problem. I really do not believe that a rate hike is on the card, cos my major concern now is the "balance of payment" balance. Petrol price is trading at 88 dollar, which is a 10 dollar decline. But i could be wrong ..omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree. I reckon a little drop is on the cards initially and then a gradual climb for the rest of the day as the FTSE does its best in a vain attemt to recover. That said, the yanks are starting to sound very scared again and even the prospect of a rate cut doesn't seem to be helping to allay their fears.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
0 Kudos