Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dear SFM....

Not applicable
How are we today ? Just a thought......How about 60min Charts ? and an Average True Range(ATR) feature on DAILY and HOURLY charts.If it costs extra,that's quite allright.Thank you for your consideration on this matter.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
kr_pto
Super Contributor
agreed, any kind of intraday would be great... i'm in.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I have access to the price streamer, works well for me, i also sent STD a email about the possibility of incorporating some technical indicators, etc. to these charts, it would work well for the intra-day traders who use it!
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
Hey Zarp, you mentioned point & figure charting in a previous posting. Do you use these extensively? I have been exposed to them very briefly and they kinda looked like they could make sense once you get to grips with them. I've had a look at the university site and stockcharts.com looks like a lot of studying! Question is is it worth it....in other words, are you trading them successfuly?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CAB : I was an Oscillators guy.Loved all the squiggles and GUESSES. The problem.THE PROBLEM is,it's all Historical stuff.Point and Figure is ANTICIPATIVE....it took a while for me to internalize that IMMENSE difference.The beauty of Point and Figure is, the very simple BUY and SELL signals it gives.Use these Signals WITH Fibonacci levels(on this Site) and the 20-day MA as a historical guide that folows the Price eg: Look at SAB on this Site.Tap in the 20-day MA.You'll see that the Price tanked on recovery.On 28Feb, SAB gave a Point and Figure SELL signal.Again on 14Mar...SUPPLY IS IN CONTROL.Hence, I watch the Price as it meets the 20-day MA for an SSF short- entry with a Stop Loss above it at a Personal comfort level....It's all worth it.Learn PnF and you'll see it's the FIRST piece of research for the next Trade.Draw your own Charts for a Highly rewarding experience.PnF = Holy Grail.Adios.
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
OK - thanks a mill Zarp. I'll do some serious studying in the near future to convince meself before I get going on P&F. Some more questions: 1. Do you use the Stockcharts site only for the dual listed stocks? 2. For the local stocks do you draw your own P&F charts or is there a local site that uses these charts? Cheers mate.
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
OK - thanks a mill Zarp. I'll do some serious studying in the near future to convince meself before I get going on P&F. Some more questions: 1. Do you use the Stockcharts site only for the dual listed stocks? 2. For the local stocks do you draw your own P&F charts or is there a local site that uses these charts? Cheers mate.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CAB : As far as I know, there is no SA Technical Analysis system sold to the public that incorporates Point and Figure.So....If you have EXCEL, just set up a Spreadsheet and start filling in those Xs and Os. ...and( last example for the day)I just updated Harmony.We see a Spread Triple Top breakout TODAY at R104.A BUY SIGNAL...Now watch HAR over the next few sessions.Resistance is at R116... and to support the DEMAND view we see the TOP 40 signalling a BUY on a Double Top breakout today.A BUY SIGNAL.TOP 40 Resistance at the 20-day MA..## So, an SSF-long entry on HAR at R104 sees a nice result,thus far.( with a Trailing Stop-Loss,of course.)...see ya.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi Zarp ok here goes, stupid question of the day, where do you find the 20 day MA on this site.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Click on 'Price Charts' in the column on the left,
<<< over here somewhere. If you don't have JAVA loaded on your PC you might have to do a download.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Try again . . .
Click on 'Price Charts' in the column on the left,
<<< over here somewhere.
Then click on 'Interactive price charts' in the drop-down that appears. Then put in your share code in the appropriate block and have fun (click on the 'chart' button, see?) Once the chart loads you'll have a whole bunch of indocators you can play with, MA's too.
If you don't have JAVA loaded on your PC you might have to do a download.
0 Kudos
Zanzibar
Occasional Contributor
For very good advice on Point an Figure charts try to get hold of Jean Temkins books " Charting for profit" and "More charting for profit" The only point and figure Program optionI could find was the WEN charting programme used by the PSG site, but I know the "Share Friend" program gives this option too. Happy Charting
0 Kudos
Bossie_Bek
Contributor
Good morning - local guy André Gerstner has a TA product very reasonably priced with P&F and about 60 other indicators - free demo @ www.shanal.co.za fully adapted to InvestorData download.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanx BossieBek : I just added the website to FAVOURITES.Are you a client of his ?
0 Kudos