Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Declartion

barry_1
Super Contributor
What good results,the interim has delivered.i read the latest SENS through.Of course it is difficult to take it all in as it is as usual long.That is why i like to receive the report by snail mail.Price probably dropping in sympathy with other sectors,plus worry about the flood,which will hardly have an effect on the bottom line,probably also that retailers might be badly affected and rates might not keep going up as the american housing market has gone to h...!all unecessary worries as far as i'm concerned.the weaker rand should put more in our pockets at the final in six months time!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
john_1
Super Contributor
I like this one also Barry Infact they way I figure it. with all the floods thats a hell of a lot of new couches that have to bought and with their turnover clauses this has got to be good news.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
U know i never thought of that,when we had floods here in our small town about four years back,many businesses flourished where the year before they almost went to the wall.Yes what price a major catastrophe they have just had?
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
I am a happy long term holder of this share-been in my portolio for around 20 years plus when it was FIT.I certainly have no reason to complain.I have picked up though that there will be a UK witholding tax of around 20% which if correct sort of takes way some of the good news.You can apply for a partial rebate as I understand it but this sounds like the difference between 15% and 20% and is a bit of pt that was not around previously.I am not sure if you can count the tax towards your tax bill in SA-I hope so.This seems to be a new development if I have understood properly and was not something I was previously aware of?Anyone better informed?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Not aware of this in the past,probably always there if one was smart enough to argue the case,but i hardly think anyone thought of it.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Probably the same for other Rand hedges with initial listings in Britian ?
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
I am pretty sure this is the first time that a witholding tax has been applied.It may be because they have transferred to Reit and could be a slight disadvantage.As I understand it they are going to withold 20%(quite hefty) and you can apply from British authorities for 5% back-this seems to be because there is a dual tax treaty set at 15% between the 2 countries.I am unclear how the 15% will be recognised in SA-this is a new issue to me so I am in murky water.I have obtained the form required to be completed to get rebate back from British authorities-bit of pain involved.
0 Kudos