Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Deep value here

kwagga
Super Contributor
This seems to be offering very good value at current levels. The fundamentals seems all good. The technicals looks dismal, but it did hit some pretty strong support yeaterday at R28.35. I expect this to move back to it's 61,8% Fib retracement levels. Target R34.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
that is one helluva head and shoulders pattern that is busted there - although I have to say, fundamentally, I can't understand what the market doesn't like about ABL. Good cash flow, increasing revenue, good margins - awesome dividends. Perhaps the whole stink around unsecured lending is pulling it down, coupled with their furniture exposure, which is heavily dependent on a consumer led growth.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
It's the fear about unsecured lending and it dropped off the TOP40, so big time investment houses dropped it from portfolio's like sweet cakes. Good opportunity if you ask me. Results due in November. I have a four month target on this of R34. Stop loss close below R27.80. This is my festive season pick.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Lots of negative media around ABIL and others involved in unsecured lending. This article from Bloomberg is typical. http://www.moneyweb.co.za/moneyweb-financial/unsecured-loan-screws-tighten?sn=2009%20Detail Prices being pulled back as a consequence may present a buying opportunity. I have an eye on Transcap too-first listed report in November. I've started buying.
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
I dont know ppl, the unsecured lending space seems a bit too risky at the moment. Im staying far away until things settle down a bit.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Suit yourself fellas, but with a forward PE of under 7, the run up to the next set of results in November is something to look forward to.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
Kwagga, im sure you will hit your target price (and some). i just dont have the stomach for it. already up 2%
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
the acceleration of volumes in the last two weeks is encouraging. Might even be forming a double bottom with confirmation above R40 and target of R60, that would be lekker
0 Kudos
yyy
Occasional Contributor
Three game changers to keep in mind: 1) Parliament has been asked to look into the maximum interest rate chargeable (prime * 2.5 + 10%), this formula has no factual basis. 2) Marikana will show that excessive interest rates on unsecured loans and the practice of garnishing orders was the cause of the strike, (unfortunately we still need to protect people from their own stupidity if they have access to credit as they will believe the mine is taking the money), And, 3) if garnishing orders are in place the cedit risk is lower and the interest rate charged should reflect this. Marikana has change the game for unsecured debt in South Africa, garnishing orders will be band, the formula will be amended as it discriminates against the poor. The result is higher bad debts and/or a lower growth in unsecured lending.
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
Agree. Have held for 7 years, love the dividend, and am buying more on the current weakness.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
So where has the Msc been all this time ? It's been years since your last post.
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
I now spend more time out of SA than in, so only check online once in a while - and rarely trade. Great for buy and hold discipline! Never worry about short term movements since I'm never around to act on them!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So, experts..... (im new to investing and trading, so im building an investment protfolio before i start trading) when is the best time to buy ABIL??? Do we wait for the next short, as it seems to happen every 2-4/5 days, as the price is now hovering on a support that existed in '09-'10? Or do we wait for the FY results to be published around the 19th Nov and get confirmation from a strong reversal signal?? (which seems to be immenant). Ive got reasonably small capital so I want maximum value....as we all do
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Low flying today after good results, just the way I like it. Nice upside potential here.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Abil trading right on that support line for the fourth time since October 2012. Upside potential to R33.50 this time around. If it closes below R29.50 today I won't commit to this trade. The trend up remains intact. omo
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Finally, a possitive trading statement, and I guess the kicker this share needs to move it to resistance levels.
0 Kudos