Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Define rich

Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Refering to a previous tread the statement was: - "I've never met a rich trader" - so when are you rich? When is enough enough? Simon wants to sip wine in the midlands and HateGauteng obviously wants to get out of GP.
0 Kudos
73 REPLIES 73
Happy
Contributor
When you stop buying Simmers hoping to get rich (quick)!
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
the fall of simon's system is a industry standard, tweak it to your personnel portfolio, but simple,, hardly a revelation,, the tweak is to backtest it
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Everyone has their own ideas about the definition of rich. Mine is to escape the rat race, and spend my time as I please and in comfort. If you want to add a price tag to that, then be my guest. What is the price tag on fresh air, no traffic, beautiful scenery, and more time with my family, less stress and spending more time on things I'm actually interested in?
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Agree with kwagga being rich is when you have enough money to selflishly do what you want and not what you have to
0 Kudos
Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
Johann Rupert stays down the road from me...makes me feel rich
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Great answer! What normally spoils the above mentioned scenario is greediness. What that normally means is be on the same wavelength with the wife!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Irrespective of ones material or worldly standing.....rich is when one is at peace and contentment and this all the money in the world could never buy.
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
True, Mose, but try to be contented with an empty stomach and no prospects of finding something to eat.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Being healthy is rich. Having the cash to enjoy it is a bonus, and having a supermodel on the end of your arm is gravy!
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I think there is another dimension to rich. Having the money and knowing it is safe against the next schemer scammer waiting to take it from you. How many of us knows someone that was very rich but lost it all in a failed venture, scam or divorce etc. Making the money is one thing. Keeping it safe is another.
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
I live a "happy" life: I am rich!!
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
People often try to equate a certain amount of money with being rich or not. My take that is's actually how much TIME you have to do what you want.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Rich - When your face is on the cover of Fortune, your son's face is on the cover of Time, your girlfriend on the cover of FHM and your wife's pic in the City paper for missing persons.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
BWAHAHAHA Kwagga that's good! I reckon rich is when you don't own a cellphone or laptop pc, don't ever drive around in peak traffic and you don't need a credit card to buy things
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Credit card is coninient, as long as you pay the entire balance off every month. If you living on the credit in the card then you in trouble. I dont drive around in peak traffic but then again my office is 500m from my house if I walk. If I climb the wall it is 40m.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
really? i live just a few km's away...
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
ah but that's the point CPS. Being able to walk to work at a leisurely pace makes you a very rich bloke. Me for example? I choose to drive to work, or not, depending on traffic, but that means I still have to go "online" which makes me "poor" by comparison. The thing about a credit card is that only people without credibility own CC's nuh? You imagine George Soros ever having to produce one?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rich is when you can afford to use R100 notes as toilet paper!! Hahaha...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My hat to that!!!
0 Kudos