Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Define rich

Not applicable
To get out of bed at 8:00 every morning is enough for me
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Get out of bed when you want, stay anywhere in the country, not have a boss to report to, out of debts and spare cash to traded!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Being rich is to enjoy a decent standard of living without having to comsume too much resources and produce too much waste. It is about being financially independent but not bored. It is being free to live your life without impacting negatively on others and without others negatively impacting (such as crime) on you. It is about having to have sex without paying for it in some form or the other.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I'm rich if I can buy what I want when I want, without working (or working cos I want to not cos I haveto in order to do the above), and having all the time I choose to spend doing things that are important to me with the people that I value, and being able to take them anywhere they want to go provided there's value in that, as often as they want to go, and when I take them there, I can still buy them the things they want, provided there's value in those things. Having the power to give, just because I can :-) That's rich ....... I think that guy I quoted was probably refering to a guy who has a million in the bank, a fancy roof over his head, and a flashy car, paid for by technical trading. So are there any here?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Has anyone read or seen "The Secret" ? the secret law of attraction (what u visualize materialize kinda message conveyed) . go see the video. it sounds bit corny. but it works!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I Fully agree.. It has proven itself many times.. The Secret actually works!!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
if you guys search in wikipedia there is also some info on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Attraction
0 Kudos
Not applicable
When your income exceed your bills without you having to get out of bed in the morning!!
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Saash maybe 4 million in the market will afford u that type of return to live in that sort of lifestyle!!! So onwards to the 3 bar mark.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
30 responces and not one of you put a price tag on it... R250 000 000 thats my current goal.
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
Got no ambition then? Billion sound so nice.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
you are right...but with time and compounding a billion is well within reach
0 Kudos
Not applicable
john, you guys that do this for a living, can you still compound your growth and pay the wine bill at the same time?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
not as effectivly as I wouild like....but that is just a funtion of the size of my capital base
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
compounding is enormously powerful. as John says, just have starting capital, compounding and try to reinvest as much of the dividends as possibly (that helps enormously). The only problem i really found is that if there are people that try to give the impression that they are rich before they really reach that stage, they tend to not manage to accumilate the amounts required to consider yourself rich, so keep in mind that one must try to always consistently add to ones long term holdings, compound and reinvest dividends, in the end you will be rich...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
we are the instant gratification generation...I want rich now! OK I will wait till next week if I have to.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
unfortunately that normally doesnt work out so well, all the mega-rich have worked hard for their money and get-rich-quick schemes tend to only dissapoint.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ya this it true until the law defined Intellectual Property as a movable asset...in other words the aquisition of assets now.. is as easy as thought..the right kind of thought but thought none the less...so were before it took time and compounding..now you can get rich by thinking and conecting...give that some thought. They say that the modern sport of kings is no longer horses and yaughts its IP baby.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
true, the right idea, patent etc, can go a long way. just protect it well enough then all works out very well! Hows your ideas coming along? has the patent been approved yet?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ya I now have more than one, and have raised funding for the roll out of patents into all the key markets, about 100 countries. I have had an verbal offer and am now waiting for them to formalize the offers... its very exciting..but not a game for the faint hearted..its quite an emotional ride...
0 Kudos