Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Delays on this forum live prices

Not applicable
This platform has a "live price" difference of about 10mins behind other platforms - I have "screen dumps of this platform with bids and ofers and transactions which bears no resemblance to the same data on another platform (the other platform turns out to be correct) This was as at auction time this afternoon from 16:51 right through to 17:05
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
I notice the same , every time the market is falling , and I want to buy or sell. Phoning my atorney now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
??? Are you being silly or are you simply stating that your IQ cannot be very high?
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I always give an honest remark when required so at the risk of being offensive I'll just elaborate on what should be obvious to you... ITS AN AUCTION - YOU CANT GET LIVE PRICES DURING MARKET CLOSING AUCTION!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
17h35 and still in closing auction? Yessireebob an IQ problem
0 Kudos
Not applicable
18h00 and we are still in auction ??? - fact is when the market is in auction you are able to see the bids and offers changing as the system shuffles and does its thing (especially when there are @market bids and offers) - certainly on the other platform I refer to, and I can show you (on screen dumps I have saved) how the offer volumes and bid volumes (and prices) change during the auction period each time you refresh your screen
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I apologise, didn't notice that the times given are wrong but the last price is the correct closing price as far as I can tell from other sites.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nope, their not, found one or two not matching. sorry.
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
No problem , I will get to the bottom of it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ahhh, but where is the bottom
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Can we just get an aknowledgement of this. Closing prices still not reflected. Auction was not reflected. This is a problem.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Have a look at the Vox closing price which for hours reflected as 224 with the last transaction being 150,000 @ 244 at 16:48 with offers to sell @ 225 and higher bids at 220 217 and 215 then a series of transactions at 224 (about 700,000) with offer how on earth do we end up with a closing price sale of 25,000 shares at 215 with bids of 220 and 217 still in the system after close ????? some very funny here (in fact the other platform I watched showed offers of 700,000 shares at 16:55 @223/4)
0 Kudos