Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Devaluation of Rand

Vish_1
Contributor
I take it that the recent fall here is due to the current devaluation of the rand? Is there anything else going on here that somebody is aware of??
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Pepi
Regular Contributor
I think it's across the board, in general - see EOH as well
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
I was lucky...sold PNC a few weeks ago when it was starting to slide...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
How about eli? Even worse.
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
Also got rid of Eli a while ago...after their last financial results and subsequent comments by management (blaming the government...) I've lost confidence in them and decided to sell....glad I've acted
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Most stock is imported, so weak rand not good for business. Still, remains a good performer so when the cycle turns she will fly. In no way comparable to eli.
0 Kudos
Vish_1
Contributor
I'm gonna hold...seen this before. Always comes out stronger after something like this. They have weathered the storm well previously. Management is good..Besides their deal with Datacentrics is still to add value to their bottom line..
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
Yes Vish,that's exactly right and there are properly more acquisitions in the pipeline.
0 Kudos
Quicksilver
Not applicable
I agree with your sentiments of ELI and sold my share for the same reason, thank goodness some time ago.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
They risk canabilising their own market, because they supply product to the Datacentrix's of this world. If they buy Datacentrix, they risk p*ssing their other customers off.. Just saying that the Datacentrix potential deal is not risk-free.
0 Kudos