Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Director fuduciary duties

ROWEGI
Occasional Contributor
Hi all, what do you think about the JSE's controls on directors of liste companies? Have a look at country foods - they were meant to put out the half year results over 2 weeks ago. They have stalled to the point that they have now put out a trading statement that the earmings will be down close on 100%. They state that if a company becomes aware that the earnings will be down by more than 20% they must immediately let the market know. How can the directors only have become aware so late - I think not. I think this is poor corporate governance and somebody should be held accountable. I personally have invested in these and have been burnt badly. I know they are listed on the altx but I would be surprised if the main bourse is treated any differently. How do you guys vote? With so few successful cases against insider trading are investors being properly protected the JSE? I think not!!!
0 Kudos