Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Directors' Dealings

Not applicable
Can someone explain to me how a director can in one day of trading buy 300 000 shares at an average price of R3.00 a share and then sell them again that very same day for R16.00 a share. Look at 24 April 07. (and more strange fluctuations on 21st Nov06)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the 300c sale was an option granted back when the stock was around 300c. So they buy at 300c (the option) and sell at today's price.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
vynbos, hoop nie dis wat jou wakker gehou het vroeg v'oggend nie. As jy wil sleg slaap oor direkteure wat hul opsies uitoefen en met miljuisende wegstap: daar's beter voorbeelde as SXR.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Simon for explaining that. A knew there would probably be a simple explanation. I'm sorry I'm not as brilliant as you Chattychat. Please forgive me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Be that as it may, I am becoming more convinced by the day that there is manipulation of this price going on. I'm sure the intraday weirdness that goes on with SXR prices can't just be attributed to plummeting markets.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
This may help contextualise it
From Moneyweb http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page1329?oid=154537&sn=Detail
Listed uranium stocks have now declined by a rough average of 52% from 12-month highs, though much of the downward action has occurred in the past two months. The stock price losses range from 36% for Cameco (CCO.T, C$38.40 a share), by far the biggest listed uranium producer in the world, to 72% for Laramide (LAM.T, C$4.55)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
doesn't SXR have its main listing in Canada, so it only really starts to tarde at around 4pm our time?
0 Kudos