Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Directors' shares

flaffie
Occasional Contributor
I was shocked to see the enormous amount of shares issued to Directors and other staff members. When shareholders' time comes there will be numerous excuses put forward for the petty amount set aside for shareholders. Am I unnecessarily critical? Dave
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
vat hom Flaffie!
0 Kudos
flaffie
Occasional Contributor
Dankie ek het geweet daar is selfs op die aandelebeurs poepolle!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
jammer man, couldnt resist.

So ver as wat jou vraag gaan...verwag jy enige iets anders van enige ander maatskappy??
En wat het jy verwag as 'n antwoord? Nee ...
Gaan jy nou verkoop?
Miskien is 'n beter vraag is dit nou 'n goeie tyd om te koop or verkoop en wat is my plan met hierdie aandeel.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
You should not look at numbers - look at (1) indicators which determine how much (value) the company forkes out to empower a director (2) after such person "contributed extensively to the growth of the company". (Interesting figures available on RMI as well. I mean after all - one guy is in the position to sell off R515m worth, most probably to an institutional investor.)
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
I call it raping of the shareholders. 1. I take a dim view of companies that buy back shares on the market and put them into treasury instead of cancelling. That is why I vote against this practice at AGM's but am a lonely voice in the wilderness 2. It seems that in some of these big companies it is a privilege to be a director for they get paid extraordinary amounts for the amount of work they do. In the end, I suppose, there is no point whining as shareholders are the ones that vote at AGM's directors appointments & their salaries.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
I call it raping of the shareholders. 1. I take a dim view of companies that buy back shares on the market and put them into treasury instead of cancelling. That is why I vote against this practice at AGM's but am a lonely voice in the wilderness 2. It seems that in some of these big companies it is a privilege to be a director for they get paid extraordinary amounts for the amount of work they do. In the end, I suppose, there is no point whining as shareholders are the ones that vote at AGM's directors appointments & their salaries.
0 Kudos