Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Discount, discount !!

kwagga
Super Contributor
The markets are a bloody mess. Cosatu not much help with talks of nationalisation of mines. Looking forward to get my hands on beautiful blue chips, excluding mining shares (short) once the market settles.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
Worse thing i hate is the panic selling. Bought silver ETNs a few weeks back. Yesterday it closed around R218 and now you just get people selling @ R204 while the are no offers to buy..... At times like these it's a good thing they keep buyer/seller anonymous LOL, kidding
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Found it very difficult not to do a bit of shopping with a basket this morning so bought CLS,ABL and SBK, just waiting for the "on special" sign to go up on SOL,SAB and KIO then I will use the trolley.
0 Kudos
RisseN
Contributor
Trying to catch a falling knife hey? Ok all the best with that. Currently it's obviously not just our market tumbling, its most markets round the world. The reason is various negative economic items (take your pick). So in my view some significantly positive economic news needs to come out to lift the market. Without that then the only thing the markets have is months worth of bad news,...so there's no reason to turn up. I repeat, falling knife!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
especially if you in derivatives....remember the "credible long signal"....you may be right about the the movement but the market will move on in your direction without you after stopping you out...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm with you on this one but I only have a basket to shop with. Will gauge a little bit later this afternoon to see what the playing field looks like.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
My reasoning for these purchases was pretty simple, under the present conditions there should be no drastic increase in the prime rate,therefore the interest that these purchases on CFD attract will be just about met by the dividend payments.All I'm looking for is ABL to go to 3500 anytime fom now to this time next year for a 66% return on my investment.There is risk in any investment, agreed, however it's a calculated one.Just look at their div record and I think you will find difficult to disagree.IMO those 3 shares are falling knives.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
0 Kudos